A Forehead Kiss🖤

Xavier's pov:

Lucas, Liam and Daisy went to their respective houses after putting me in this situation. I am guilty from inside but at the same time I am also awkward to talk to Maya now.
I looked up to see that Maya was sniffing and had tears filled in her eyes. I immediately went upto her and sat on the bed near her.

"Hey! What happened? What are you crying? Is it paining somewhere? Where is it paining? Wait I'll call Liam. He must not have gone too far."
I took out my mobile and dialled Liam.

"No." Maya shouted.
"Huh?"
"I mean don't call him. I'm fine." That's when I relaxed.

"Then, what's the matter? Why are you crying?" I asked her.

"I'm not like this. I don't know what made me react this way. I'm really not someone who holds grudges for a long time. I'm sorry that I shouted on you so much. I said you so many bad things. I am really sorry." She started crying more.

"Listen. It's none of your fault. It was my mistake. You shouldn't apologize to me when you did nothing wrong. Now, stop crying. It's already late now. You should sleep. We'll talk about it later." I told her but she didn't stop crying.

"Maya, stop crying now. You did nothing wrong. Anyone else at your place would have done the same or probably worse. Just let this matter go for now. We'll clear these things out when you'll be fine. Now, sleep. Tomorrow you have to go to Lucas' place." I told her.

As soon as I remembered that Lucas is going to take her tomorrow to his house, a strong feeling of sadness knocked on my heart. I didn't want her to go. I want her to be close to me. I want her to be comfortable around me. But with everything that happened today, I think she needs to be away from me. The more she'll be away from me, the less will be her discomfort and anxiety. She will get well soon.

"You want to send me away from here, don't you?" She asked me with her tear filled doe eyes asking for answers.

"As long as I want to, but I can't give my opinion in this. Lucas gave his ultimatum that he'll come tomorrow and take you to his house. Even, it's good for you. You aren't comfortable here. You'll get better more quickly with Dan and Lucas around." She looked at me with some unreadable emotion on her face.
I put the pillows properly behind her back and head and covered her with the duvet.
"Good night Maya." She just hummed in response.

I went near the couch and took my laptop. I need to get back to work. It's getting difficult for Lucas to handle my work along with his.
I decided to work at night. This way I can pay attention to Maya and do my work simultaneously. But, that won't be necessary from tomorrow.
I felt bad that from tomorrow I won't be able to see Maya regularly. Of course, I'll go there every two- three days. But, won't be able to see her whenever I wish.

Ignoring all these things, I decided to get all the updates regarding work. I sat on the couch and started working.
"You should sleep now. It's late." A voice came. It was Maya.

"Why aren't you asleep? Are you okay? Or are you uncomfortable with me being in the same room?"

"Did I say anything like that?"
I nodded in No.

"You are way too bad at assuming things. I am not in pain nor am I uncomfortable. I just couldn't sleep because I slept way too much in the afternoon. I just wanted to tell you that you should sleep now. It's late."

I was shocked hearing her. She wasn't uncomfortable around me. She wanted me to sleep. I smiled at myself knowing that somewhere in the very tiny little corner of her heart, even she cares for me.

"Actually, I have been neglecting work too much. I didn't do it in the morning because you need someone with you 24/7 and now that I thought you were sleeping , so I could do my work. But, since your awake now, I won't disturb you."