Her Pledge 🖤

Xavier's pov:

Leaving was my form of self protection. There was no other way to accomplish it, or to give myself a chance to recover. When that happens, leaving New York was my choice but also a duty towards myself. Staying here would have broken me down. I didn't want to allow myself to lose me in the process of moving on.
This is the time for me to leave, for good. What was going on inside of me at this time was difficult, from the way she behaved it has become painful. Yet, there are times we must protect the self, protect our own hearts and souls if the damage from a loved one is too much. I wanted to walk to her through any and every storm, but it was akin to trying to hold a toddler who scratched and bit for years whilst alone.

And though I tried, but, she broke me, literally, in pieces. So I'm taking this rebuilt version of myself, "Me 2.0," and I'm not going to search for love. I'll never be able to love someone the way I love her. She'll always be my first and last love. But, the crack she left in my heart isn't easy to heal. Right now, I've lost complete hope. I know we'll never meet again. But, even if we meet, the pain she gave me will always leave it's mark.

"Sir, we've reached." Joseph, my driver informed me.
I looked around to find that I've reached the airport. I took a last look towards the city and went inside the airport.

I was missing everyone terribly. Maya, Anna, Liam, Daisy and Lucas and Dan. Lucas wanted to drop me off but, knowing myself I didn't want to break down in front of him. I did the procedures and went towards the VIP Lounge, waiting for my pilot to call me. After sometime, my pilot called me.

"Is the jet ready?" I asked him.
"I'm really sorry sir but, we can't take off." He answered.
"Why?"
"Sir, there are certain issues with the plane. It's very risky to take off."
"What do I guys pay you for? To inform me just before I want to fly. You should have checked all these things beforehand." I was really angry with the carelessness.
"I'm really sorry sir on everyone's behalf. This was something that came to notice just sometime back." He said.
"Fuck your excuses. Just tell me, when will be the plane ready to fly?"
"It'll take 3-5 days Sir." He answered.
"I need the plane to be taken care of. Otherwise, everyone of you will have your jobs given to someone else." I angrily hung up the call.

I thought for a while and called Lucas.
"Hey Xav. Hasn't your flight taken off?" He asked seeing my call at this time.
"No. There are some issues with the plane. And, those idiots informed me now. Your plane is on the airport, right? I'll take that. Inform your pilot." I told him.
"Sorry man. But, you're a bit late. My plane just flew to London to get Dan and then, she's directly going to Canada for her other exhibition. So, my plane is not there till the upcoming week."
"Ohh." I was thinking about some ways if I can go to France today.
"Uh Xav, why don't you do one thing? Stay back for some days and when your plane will be ready to fly, you can leave then." He suggested.
"I think you're right. There's no way I'm taking a commercial flight. I'll just return back to the penthouse."
"Okay. I'll see you then. I have a meeting right now. Bye."
"Bye." I replied and then, called my driver to pick me back and went to the penthouse.

I came back to the penthouse. I opened the door and suddenly a different, familiar essence filled my nostrils. It somewhere reminded me of Maya. But, it was a regular thing for me. Her smell revolves around me and sometimes, I even feel her with me. But, that's all just a dream. She isn't going to return back.

I walked towards my room, but I felt as if I saw someone in the kitchen. But, Mrs. Molly isn't going to come from now on. Then, who's there? I carefully went forward to see a beautiful, slender figure and silky, brown hairs swiftly flowing because of traffic wind coming from the open window. I could only see the back but, I recognized it easily. She was Maya. But, why would she be here? It's my dream again. I was about to walk away when a voice stopped me.