Divorced 🖤

Maya's pov:

"You know what, for the first time in life I felt motivated to do my work. For the first time in life, I felt that there is someone who wants me to grow and get ahead in life. My parents, they always were the people who pulled me down. They never let me get get ahead in life even if they didn't know the work I do. But, you are the first person after Daisy, who came to know about my work and rather than trying to pull me back and make me sit back at a place, you pushed me towards hard work and helped me in every possible way.

I promise you that, you don't have to worry about my safety anymore. I won't go back to my parents. One thing is for sure, I'll have a word with them. But, after sometime. Not right now. I need to sort some things and work on a few and I promise you will be the one who will be the happiest with my decision." I told Xavier.

"I don't know what you are going to do but, I trust you with everything. Just make sure that you are safe and secured. I will never want you to get in any trouble. But, keep this thing in mind that even if you feel this slightest of need for help, I am just a call away . No matter where I will be, you will find me next to you the very next moment.

Even if we won't be together anymore from tomorrow, but you have to promise me one thing. You will never ever feel yourself alone. If not as a husband, then you will find me as a friend with you whenever you need me. You have Dan, Lucas, Mimi and Liam with you even if you won't be related to me anymore. And most importantly, you will have me."

This storm, in this wind that howls, he is the gentle centre. And so I come to rest at his side. Every person needs a harbour, a secure attachment of love - for without one we are in such pain, so lost, shutting down. Then life becomes a torture we are expected to endure, surviving, not living. Were it not for him, there would be no relief, no emotional morphine. He is my hero and my heroin. Of course I am addicted to him - but for every reason that is pure and right. He is my safety, an anchor I hold onto, that I tether myself to because I want to.

"Maya!" He called out loud.
"Huh."
"Where are you lost?"
"Uh.. nowhere. Anyways, thank you so much for everything you did. I have no words to express my gratitude to you."
"That's not needed Maya. I did nothing for you. Everything I did, was my own selfishness. Everything I did for you, it was for me and my inner satisfaction. "

I smiled at his words and felt so grateful for having him in my life. But, it seemed like my smile brought back many good memories for him. His eyes started glistening with water and before I could notice that, he got up and said, "Good night Maya. Let's sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day." And, he furiously walked to his room.

Xavier's pov:

My heart broke and I bled an ocean through my eyes. My soul felt wafer thin. My body trembled and chilled. Yet even this magnitude of grief passes. And while it does, I learnt more about pain than I ever wanted to know. I couldn't hold back anymore. I collapsed beside the bed and cried my heart out , letting flow all my emotions that made their way through my tears. I tried to hold it in , but I cried my eyes out. It started feeling as a my heart is frozen and the tears are its beginning to melt.

No! I can't keep on crying like this. I have to understand Maya, even if she is not expressing it . I can imagine how much she must be suffering. Even if she doesn't love me, but I know she's emotionally attached to me and that might be breaking her down completely. If I fall weak right now , then who will handle her? I can let this happen. My emotions ; they come after hers. My tears can wait in my eyes till I wipe hers.

Not caring about anything else, I stood up, wiped my tears and ran upto Maya's room. I banged at her door loudly and she came out worried.
"What happened? Are you okay?" Came her scared voice.
As soon as I saw her, I completely forgot about my reason to come here.
"Xavier! What happened?" She raised her voice a bit.
"Uh... nothing." I didn't know what to reply.
"Then?" She asked back.
"Yeah. Have you taken your medicines?" I came up with a reason.
"Uh...no. I forgot."
" I so wish to shout at you now but , I won't. What are you? A five year old kid?" I yelled and went inside her room. I angrily took out the medicines and fed her by my hands. She looked at me so peacefully. Her small smile felt like heaven.
"Why are you smiling?" I asked irritated.
"Because I want to." She replied, smiling even more. I sighed in annoyance and left her room.