Epilogue 🖤

Maya's pov:

After 8 years -

With the door closed every pretence falls. Every kiss has a raw intensity - breathing fast, heart rates faster. Then before I know how it happened, we are naked and our skin is moving softly together, like the finest of silk. I feel his hand enter from below moving fast, our tongues entwined in a kiss, and then he's inside, changing my breathing with every thrust, hearing my moans timed to his body.

Then all at once he stops and kisses from my breasts to my stomach, his hands light; then he's licking and using his fingers all at once, watching my reaction, feeling how my legs move, watching my body writhe. He tells me he's going to make me beg for it and I just let out a moan, unable to articulate a response. In seconds he's on me again, taking me harder, just long enough to intoxicate my mind before stopping again. If it's begging he wants, he's gonna have to stop long enough for my brain to start working again first...This is all we do when we are alone.

Last 8 years have been heaven, purely a blessing and a dream come true.

'Pain is a chance to become more empathic, more sensitive to others in pain. In isolation, we can think and let the creative mind spin new ideas. In unfulfilled expectations, we can learn patience and understanding. In grief, we can learn to cherish the gift of life each day. We can use our pain and fear to mature the mind and develop the soul. For how can the soul dance if it is hiding in the shadows? Thus, only the brave of heart can know true happiness. So, be bold, my love.'

This is what Xavier told me all these years to become the woman I'm today.

My pains, my fears, my anxiety, my problems all made me stronger.

"MUMMMAAAAA." My chain of thoughts broke when a loud voice echoed the living room.

My lips automatically turned into a crescent smile and turning off the gas stove, I made my way to the source.

Lauren and Edward ran as fast as they could towards me. Wanting to embrace my children into my arms, I kneeled down to their level and hugged them tightly.

Lauren and Edward. Two little munchkins of my life.

Edward being 6 years and Lauren being 5, keeps the house entertained with their antics. They symbolise mine and Xavier's love.

"Where's your Dada?" I asked them, not seeing Xavier with them.

They both giggled making me sure that something's a mess.

And there he is! Not something, rather someone's a mess.

Xavier entering the living room with two water bottles hanging around his neck, two back bags on his both shoulders and his hairs tied in two pony tails. Wait! What?

"Hahaha." Anna's laughter echoed the mansion and everyone started giggling.

Xavier, all red by embarrassment, kept the stuff on the couch and said sternly, "There's nothing to laugh." And the laughter increased more.

After a while of the laughter attack and successfully embarrassing Xavier, we were all silent.

"Enough with the fun. Come on kids, get back to your room and change your uniforms. Snacks are ready. Hurry up." I said and the kids ran upto their rooms.

"And, you big guy, get your bags and keep them at their places. No mess in my living room." Mimi ordered, looking at Xavier and not to forget, still trying to hold her laugh.

Muttering something under his breath, Xavier ran upstairs.

"Anna, you also go and get freshen up. I'll have the brunch served." After instructing the staff , I went to my room to see my husband plus the big child.