Happy Birthday 🖤

Maya's pov:

"When I'm in your arms, I hope the time would stop by and be like this forever. " His words made me smile unknowingly.

We came back from the cemetery after spending some time there. Dan and Lucas went back to their mansion and we came here.

We were sitting on the couch in the living room of the mansion

We were sitting on the couch in the living room of the mansion. He was laying on the couch in my lap looking upto me and playing with my hairs. He held my hand with his other and was refusing to leave it with the fear of not seeing me again.

No matter what type of relationship - be it friendship, familial, or romantic—vulnerability is key to fostering a closer, deeper, and more authentic bond with another person. It keeps us honest with each other and ourselves, breaks down walls, eliminates the potential for miscommunication and misunderstandings, and allows us to be wholly ourselves.

 They say that vulnerability is when a person willingly takes the risk to reveal their emotions and weaknesses. This emotional openness is essential in all healthy relationships, as it paves the way for deeper understanding and evokes the empathy necessary for healthy long-term relationships.

The same thing was happening with us. He was so vulnerable at this moment that it seemed as if he would get lost without me. Just as a child, he reflected innocence. Long gone was the ruthless, evil and arrogant Xavier. The Xavier Adams that the world feared.

"Maya." My name seemed so beautiful from his mouth, as if he is the first person ever taking my name.
"Hmm."
"What happens next?" He asked.
"Meaning?" I asked being confused.

"You returned, met me, took me to my mom and dad and we returned back. What happens next?" He asked.
"I don't know. Maybe sleep!" I replied.
"No! I don't want to go to my room. I'm gonna sleep here. Like this. In your lap." He said, turning his head to my stomach and his hands tightly clutching me. As if I'm gonna run away as soon as his grip loosens.
"Relax Xavier. I'm not going anywhere. You can go to sleep here. I'm here itself." I said, comforting him. But, he put his head more into my stomach and dozed off in a few minutes.

I swear, if it would have been any other situation, I would have died of the blush and shyness due to our proximity. But, this emotional state of him is something else. It's making me pull him closer to me, if that's even more possible.

Ting. It was my message tone. Hearing a voice he stirred a little bit , but went back to his dreamland again. I carefully took out the phone from my jeans' pocket and looked at the sender. It was Dan.

Hey. Is he okay? Should we come? It's going to be 12 soon. - Dan

Yeah. He is okay. Just slept.