Chapter Five- Old Friends

The following morning, there was a knock on the door. Zoe turned on her side and looked at the her alarm clock to see it was only 6:30am. Ugh! Who the fuck is knocking on my door at this time?! Zoe groans and covers her face with her pillow. The knock got louder and someone opened the door and poked their head in.

"Zoe, you need to get up." Raye said softly. "We got an interrogation to do."

Zoe groans and sits up and stares at Raye with tired eyes. "Look, imma just gonna say this, I'm still getting use to walking around the day. So if you could, just do the interrogation with out me and I'll join when I fully wake up."

Raye nods and starts to close the door but Mark grabs the door and shouts, "What?! That's not fair. So she gets to sleep in while I had to wake up creak a dawn and work my ass off! And she just gets to "sleep in?"

Zoe grits her teeth and crawls out of bed, hand covering her left eye, while she walked up to Mark. "You know something Mark, all my life I've slept during the day and work my ass off during the night while your little ass is in bed sleeping away. But now that I have to sleep during the night and work my ass off during the fucking daylight, yeah I need some time to adjust to this new change." Zoe leans against her door frame, looking into Marks eyes.

"You still need to get your lazy, fucking ass up and help us interrogate this person!" Mark growles at Zoe.

Zoe smirks and laughs slowly, shaking her head. "Let me get something straight here, You don't get to tell me what to do." Zoe jabs her fingers into his chest, "And I'm going to say this one last time. You are to go to the fucking interrogation with out me and I'll join you when I wake up. Are we clear?"

Mark grits his teeth and looks down at Zoe, "And who put you in charge of us. You just started and you think you can just boss us around?" He steps forward and does the unthinkable. He jabs his finger into Zoe's chest, and grabbing her shirt. Zoe, acting on instincts, grabs Mark's wrist and twisted it until she could hear it creaking and popping, then she grabs his hair and slams his face into the door frame then, pushes his face into the floor, getting a mouth full of rug.

"One; Never lay your filthy hands on me and two you obey my word, got that?" She shoves his face more into the floor. Without a word, Mark nobs and Zoe heads back into her room, slamming the door behind her. Mark got up rubbing his hand, mumbling under his breath as he and Raye turned down the hall and into a room. One of the maids that worked around the castle stood there trembling in fear. The sound of clicking of shoes made her flinch. When she looks up she finds herself looking up her boss, Lady Dimitrescu.

Lady Dimitrescu stood in front of Zoe's room and smirks. "Don't worry about her, you have no reason to be afraid of her. She has no reason to hurt or harm you or any of the maids." Lady Dimitrescu said. The maid bows then heads off to do her chores.

--
About an hour and a half later Zoe fully wakes up and rolls out of bed and gets ready for a nother day. As she heads out of her room she faceplants into someone, stumbling backwards. She felt a hand grab her shoulder and she immediately tenses up. Even though it was gentle, Zoe still felt the need to grab the persons hand and body slam them into the ground. As she got herself together, she looked up to see Lady Dimitrescu standing in front of her with a small smirk on her face.

"Be careful there little one." She smiles down at Zoe, "Don't want my best Man to get hurt." She smirks and walks off. Zoe's heart flutter as she walked down the other side of the hall. Oh my God, for a tall and strong lady, she has gentle hands.   Zoe could feel her cheeks heat up, shit, I'm getting flustered. Her heart beats faster as she walks into the room. Taking a deep breath at the door, she puts on a business mask, shoving all her emotions down into a wooden chess. She walks in, hands on her belt, stepping slowly into the shadows.