Chapter Thirteen- Threats And Apologies

The next day Zoe got ready for the day. Her mind was still replaying the events that happened during the night. Putting her hair in a bun, she looked in the mirror and smiled at herself. Nodding, she heads out and meets up with Raye. He smiles at her. They head out and run some earns.

They head into town, talking and laughing at random jokes. They walk into the store, and purchase meat,- lots of it, and bought some wine. Next they headed over to the bank and Raye took care of some stuff. Once that was done, they started to make their way back to the Castle.

On the way back, Zoe saw some roses and thought about Alcina. Zoe walks up to the florist and asked for a dozen blood red roses. Purchasing them, she turns to see Raye smirking at her.

"What are you smirking at?" Zoe glares at him playfully.

"Oh, nothing." He replies. "So who are those for?"

"None of your business." Zoe said sniffing the flowers.

"Hmm? Let me guess. There for Lady Dimitrescu, aren't they?" He said teasing Zoe.

Zoe turns red and looks away. Raye burst out laughing, "Zoe, it's okay. I don't care if you like Lady Dimitrescu. In fact I'm happy for you."

Zoe looks up at him, "Really?"

He nods, "Yeah, I've noticed whenever you're around her, you seem more relaxed and yourself."

Zoe nods in agreement. They stopped at a cross walk waiting for it to turn green. As they waited a random person came up to Zoe and handed her a note, then left immediately. Both Raye and Zoe looked confused. Zoe opens the note, reading it in her head. Reading the note, it sends shivers down her spine. "Meet me in the graveyard behind the Church, at midnight. Come alone, and no weapons." -Axel.

Zoe grips the note, hand shaking. Inhaling sharply, she curses herself.

"Zoe?" Raye spoke, "Is something the matter?"

Zoe looks up at him, concern look in his eyes. Zoe composes her fear and forced a smile. "Yeah, everything's fine."

---------

Back at the castle, Zoe goes and looks for Alcina.

"My lady?" Zoe finds her in one of the study's, burying herself in paper. She looks up at her. Her eyes gorgeous as ever.

"Yes child?" She chides. She turns fully, her attention now all on Zoe.

Zoe flushes, holding the roses. "I bought these for you." She holds them up with on hand, while looking away holding her face- trying to hide her fluster. She hears Alcina get up and stepping towards her. She takes the flowers and smells them.

"Oh, Zoe, they smell wonderful." She coos, her eyes flutter shut.

Zoe looks up at her, "T-They do?"

Alcina's lips curled, "Yes, my child." Then she kneels to Zoe's hight, kissing her cheek, then hums in her ear, "They smell like you."

Zoe's heart flutter and heat rusted to her face. "T-Thank you my Lady."

She chuckles, "You're very much welcome."

------------

During supper, Zoe was lost in her thoughts. God, what does her want? I mean, what could he possibly want after so many years? He never cared. Not once. That cunt. I swear if he-

"Uh Zoe?!" Raye said sounding scared. Zoe blinks and looks up to see that all the knives on the table were hovering. Shit! Zoe lets the knives drop, looking rather pale.

"Is something the matter?" Alcina asked, gazing at Zoe.

Zoe shakes her head "No my lady."

Alcina raises her brow, staring at Zoe, "Are you sure?" Her voice was stern but teasing at the same time.

Zoe nods and shoves food into her mouth, trying to distract herself. After eating all her food Zoe dashes off to her room, locking herself in there until it got dark.

-------------

Pacing back and forth in her room, Zoe mutter under breath as she kept looking at the clock. Ten p.m, Eleven, eleven-thirdy. It was killing her. By Eleven-fourdy she snuck out and flew to the graveyard. Under a different Circumstances, the wind in her hair would've felt amazing, but it didn't. It just made Zoe even more nervous and scared of what's to come.

Landing in the cemetery, Zoe notices a shadowy figure standing under an oak tree. Zoe walks up to it, staring at them.

A deep husky voice spoke, "Did you could me alone?"

Zoe froze, clenching her hands, "Yes, now what do you want from me?"

He chuckle devilishly, "Oh Zoe, you know as much as I do what I want." He steps out the shadows, revealing his horns, wings and tale, and his devilishly grin. "I want you to kill Alcina Dimitrescu for me." He says.

Zoe eyes widen in shock and terror. "What?!"

"I want you to kill Alcina Dimitrescu for me." He repeats himself. No emotion put in it what so ever.

Zoe grits her teeth, "No!" She shakes her head, "Im- there's no way I'm killing Alcina Dimitrescu. Not for you, not for anyone."

He sighs, "Well that's disappointing, I guess we'll have to do this the hard way." He takes a nother step forward, putting his hands together. "You kill Alcina or Kill your sisters, mother, Raye, and Alcina in front of you, tied to a chair while I'll slaughter them in front of your eyes."

Zoe trembles in fear. No!... No no.

"I'll give you, hmm.... Three days, if you can't fullfil that, I'll kill you myself." He growles.

"Fine," Zoe gave in, "I'll kill Alcina Dimitrescu for you."

He hums in approval, "Good. Well then, time is in the essence."

-----------

For the rest of the night Zoe couldn't sleep, she stayed up pacing and panicking.

For the next three day and two nights Zoe stayed up, trying to find away to kill her boss. She was so furious with her father, Furious at herself. She knew she couldn't do it, but she had to. So that night she snuck into Alcina's bedchamber and hovered above her. She grips her knife and brings it above her head.

Zoe looks down at Alcina's beautiful, elegant body sleeping so peaceful. She closed her eyes, shutting out everything around her. I'm so sorry Alcina, I really am. Please forgive me. Zoe's body trembles as tears rolled down her face.

Suddenly shooting pain pierced her body. Opening her eyes, Zoe saw Alcina standing in up, her long sharp claws piercing Zoe's body. Zoe gasped, coughing up blood. Her hands drop to her sides, knife hitting the stone floor. Zoe gasps, gripping onto Alcina's claws. Tears shed, not from the pain but from the betrayal.

Her life flashes before her eyes. The first time  when she met Alcina. Then the time when she first sucked on her blood, running around playing tag with her daughters on her days off. The first time Alcina kisses her cheek. Zoe slowly lifted her head to face Alcina in her eyes. Her golden eyes glowing in rage.

Zoe tried and reached out to tou h her one last time, I'm so sorry for everything. Please forgive me. I never wanted to do this. I-I can't leave you. I can't lose you. Her eyes flutter shut, her heartbeat slows. As she slowly disappears into smoke, Zoe thought that was going to be the last time she'll ever see Alcina again. The last thing she saw before darkness was Alcina's golden eyes gazing at her. They seem sad, almost sorry.

I am so sorry. I'm sorry.