Chapter Nine - Fight at the dinner table

After getting herself ready for supper, Zoe walked into the dinning room and took her seat. Raye looked at her and Zoe notices, they had a quick silent exchange, then Zoe plated her food.

"Hey Zoe?" Someone asked.

Zoe looked up and swallowed her food before speaking, "Yes?"

"Will you be able to get back on mission soon?" The guy asked

"Yeah?" Zoe responds, "Why?"

"We kinda need your help with something in a few days." He said.

"Okay, just tell me when it needs to be done." Zoe grabbed her cup, and took a huge sip from it.

"It's good to see that you're back on your feet." He said.

Zoe smirked before taking another sip from her drink.

"Well you seem happy." A familiar voice said.

Zoe froze, what the actual fuck?. Zoe snapped her head in the direction of the familiar voice, and that's when she saw her sisters, Rhaya, and Thea, along with her mother. Zoe gripped her cup, what the fuck are they doing here?

Zoe snarled, "Yeah, sure I'm happy but why do you care. Besides how did you get here?"

"I invited them." Lady Dimitrescu said calmly.

Zoe didn't speak.

"So, Zoe what you been up to these past years?" Zoe's mother asked.

"Ah, you know, fighting, sleeping, wondering around the underworld, being pissed at my family." At the last word she glares at her sisters and mother. "How about you? What have you been doing these past years?"

Zoe's mother sets down her silverware and looked into Zoe's eyes, "Well, your father and I have been working on our business and been missing our children."

Zoe shook her head and chuckles, "What a liar. You've probably been living out your guys lives like there's no tomorrow." Zoe looked dead serious at her mother, putting her hands together. "So tell me Athora what brought you to your sense?"

The table went silent. Athora clenched her silverware, "I was just missing my child-"

Zoe grins and interrupts her mother, "I'mma stop you there." Zoe places her hands on the table getting serious. "One, you don't miss, you never have. Two, I'm guessing Rhaya or Thea told you that I finally have my powers and you want me back into your family. And lastly, you can't just throw you children out, then want them back after fifteen years. It's not going to happen."

Rhaya spoke up, "Zoe, she wants us back. All of us, not just you but me and Thea too." For the first time Zoe saw some emotions in her sisters eyes.

Oh for fuck sake, can't you see she just wants to use us for her business shit. How pathetic. Zoe stood up, knocking her chair down.

"Zoe, please come home. I-I love you." Athora pleaded.

Zoe chuckles, then threw her head back bursting it in laughter, covering her face with her right hand. "Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound right now? Do whatever you want, beg, plead, it's not going to work on me. I haven't forgiven you for what you did all those years back."

"Zoe please." Her mother pleads.

"NO!" Zoe shouts, rage boiling in her blood. "I'm not coming home." Her eyes glowed deep purple, black smoke and fire surround her as she give her mother a death glare. "When supper is done you are to live and never come back. And that's final." Without another word, Zoe storms out of the room.