Chapter Ten- Deadly Gang

Six months has past since Zoe spoke, nor seen her sisters and mother. She been to busy with mission to think about them. In the time, Zoe started to have feeling for Lady Dimitrescu, but she kept it hidden away in her wooden chest. Whenever Lady Dimitrescu asked Zoe to feed off her, Zoe lets her and tries to keep quiet.

-------

Waking up one morning Zoe crawld out of bed and headed out her room. What happened next was unexpected. As Zoe was walking down the hall she ran into her mother.

"Zoe!" Athora said, "I just going to look for you."

Zoe just looked at her mother without an expression on her face. What does she want? Zoe walks past her, not saying a word.

"Zoe," Athora called out, "Wait, please."

Zoe froze in her tracks.

"Look I know your mad at me, and I understand that. And you have every right to be. Look I'm sorry." Athora said sighing.

Zoe turns towards her mother and looked into her eyes. "You think I'm mad at you?"

"Um, well yeah. I mean the way your acting towards me kinda tells me that you're mad at me."

Zoe hung her head, "You're wrong." She looks up, "Yes I was mad at you, but that doesn't measure the fact of how much it hurts me to know my own mother didn't want me anymore, all because I wasn't born with any powers. So in other words, I'm not mad at you, I'm just hurt." Zoe turns and walks away before her mother could say anymore. 

Zoe walks into the living room where most of the men were waiting for instructions. "So, who's the dumbass who let my mother into the castle?"

"It was the butler." Someone said.

Zoe rolled her eyes. "On the other hand, what do we have to do today?"

Raye spoke, "We have to deal with an enemy of ours. So Team A will be on watch while the rest of us deal with them."

Zoe shifts her weight from one foot to the next, "And what about me?" She asked.

"You'll be with Team A." Raye replied.

"Are you sure you want to do that? Remember what happened when last time you put me on watch?" Zoe said.

Raye wince at her comment, "Right, then you'll be with us then."

"Good." Zoe replied back.

------

After the little meeting, everyone met at the front entrance were they headed out. Zoe walked in between Raye and Mark, her hood up, hands in her pocket. Raye looks down at Zoe, looking concern.

"I know what you're going to say, and no I'm not upset that my mom was here. And yes I'm fine." Zoe said not looking up.

Raye sighs, "I wasn't gonna say anything, but Zoe?"  Zoe looks up at him, "Don't push yourself to hard. Okay?"  Zoe nods and looks ahead.

About four miles ahead, they met up with The Death Angles Gang. One of the most brutal gangs in the underworld. Zoe stood there, Gritting her teeth, clenching her hands. These mother fuckers again?! How many times do I have to kick their skinny white asses? Raye notice off the bat there was tension between this gang and Zoe.

Have they met before? Raye thought looking between them. The leader of the gang steps forward and address them.

"So," He said, "What brings you down here, in the underworld?"

Raye was the first to speak, "That is none your business."

"Well in that case," his gang pulled out their weapons and pointed at them, "We can't let you go."