Chapter Fourteen- Questions

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!" Raye shouted, slamming his fist down on the table. "She tried to kill you!"

"Yes but unfortunately, she's dead. I killed her.... I heard her heartbeat come to a stop." Alcina said address Raye, "So there's no need to worried about her."

Raye was outraged. "I can't believe we let her in. We gave her everything and this is how she repays us?!" He crosses her arms "And to think she was my little sister."

Everyone the table started talking over each other, whispering in hush voices. Alcina raises her hand, silencing everyone. "Now let's not get to worried. We have other matters to handle. We got more important things to do then worry about... This." 

They nod and agreed. "Well, you know what you need/got to do. I'll leave you to it." She gets up and heads off to do what ever.

Alcina heads to a study to work on some papers, but failed to do so. She kept thinking about Zoe. She looks down at her hand, clenching it. Why do you do it, Zoe? Why? Child, all I ever did was adore you. Why did you look so sad? Your beautiful eyes fading. She sighs, and tried to continue her work.

A little while after Alcina calls for her daughters. Bela, Cassandra and Daniela appeared.

"Yes mother, you called us?" Bela said.

Alcina turns to them, sighing. "Yes, I did."

"You need something?" Cassandra asked.

Alcina shakes her head, "No. But did you see or feel anything weird or off about Zoe in the last few day, by any chance?"

Her daughters looked at her confused by the question. "I mean she looked tired and restless." Bela said.

"Not to say her heart was beating in rage." Daniela commented.

Alcina nods, "Yes, I noticed those things too." She stares off into the distance, "I... I don't think she's dead. Before she disappeared into smoke, I could still hear her heart beat, but it was slow. Dangerously slow."

                                          ***

As the weeks progress, Alcina became more and more sad. Less nice to everyone. She began burying herself in her works and not attending dinner, and if she did attend, she only drank her blood wine.

One night as Alcina was walking down the hall, she stopped in front of Zoe's room. She places her hand on the door, then pushes it. She was shocked to see it in such a disaster. Like a tornado past by. As Alcina walked around, she saw knives sticking out of walls, books, wood, and pillows. She walks over to the dresser, now turned over and broken. The mirror shattered to pieces.

Alcina notices blood on the walls. She must've been really pissed to be punching at the wall. Alcina could imagine Zoe, in the room, throwing everything in anger. She goes and sit on her bed, picking up a pillow the one Zoe sleeps with, when ever she had nightmares.

Alcina hugs it tight, taking in her scent. You stupid Child. Please be alive, please be okay. She clenches onto the pillow, biting back her tears and anger. The image of her flashes behind her eyelids. Zoe's beautiful eyes looking so sad and broken. Her soft delicate face covered in blood and tears. The way she tried to reach out. The way she tried to pull her claws out but failed.

The way her heart was dangerously slowing down. Fuck you Zoe. God fucking damnit. Alcina trembles, crying into the pillow.