51. Butter Chicken.

Meenu di's kids name in this story: 9 year old, krish. 13 year old pari.

Turning off the stove, teja took off the apron. She was making butter chicken with all her love. But it was not for kk but meenu di.

She got to know that butter chicken is the siblings fav dish and thus she decided to make it. She believes the way of someone's heart goes through his/her stomach.

Teja took the vessels out and set on the table while calling everyone.

"Sunny..Maa papa..meenu di or pyare pyare bacho ...come fast . Dinner is ready."

Soon everyone came and karan started opening the lids as the aroma filled the room.

"It looks so delicious.." Krish said licking his lips. All agreed.

"Hope it will taste the same though." Meenu said serving the butter chicken in her plate.

She waited for everyone to eat first. All ate and praised the dish making teja smile.

Karan: wah wah wah... Nothing can beat the taste of Butter chicken

K.p. : especially when all the love is poured  on it.

The kids too stuffed the butter chicken. And meenu di took a piece.

Teja smiled and looked at them with expecting gaze. She was biting her lips as meenu di and the kids made face. Thats when they started coughing.

"Here. Take!" Teja said giving them the water.

K.M. rubbed di's back while the men did same with the kids.

Teja bought a bowl of kheer and gave it to them.

After meenu di was a bit okay , she glared at teja. No body noticed the glare and the tears forming in teja's eyes.

"Did u pour all the chilli powder and spice of the country in it ?" Meenu di said.

Teja looked down. She was disappointed that the event didnt turn out to be what she wanted but was confused too. Kk ,kp and km praised the dish . They didnt pointed out this.

"Meenu.. Princess! There is no fault of teju. We told her that you love spicy dishes but forgot to mention that your habbit is now changed. You are habitual of eating plain food." K.P. said.

Karan tried to speak but was stopped by teja.

"Its all my fault. I should have considered the fact that u were in london for so many years! Am sorry." Teja said still looking down.

"Your Sorry won't heal our ruined tastebuds. Will it?" Meenu said rolling her eyes.

Karan fisted his hands to control his outburst.

"Am..am..really sorry di. U can have kheer for now. I will make something plain in an instant. Just a minu.."

Meenu cut her. "No need. I cant believe you now. Am gonna order for us. U enjoy your 'delicious' butter chicken"

The kids looked at eo.

Teja could not control anymore so she ran to her room and locked the door.
She went bathroom and let her tears flow.

K.P. shook his head. "Meenu , u should have not reacted in this way. She made it just for you."

"But papa , that doesnt mean i will eat spicy food and risk my and kids's health. Just bcoz Tejasswi had cooked for me."

"But there is a way of everything meenu. U should have said that u wont be able to eat it due to spices and can have kheer for now. But no. U just want to make her look down." Karan said and got up , leaving the dining table.

"Mom. Now u also scold me. Why take a step back." Meenu said looking at km.

Km sat beside her and took her in a side hug. "No one is scolding you ,my dear. All we are saying is you could have used a better tone and right words to express. U know, she prepared everything by herself and didnt even let me help her. "

By now the kids had gone to living room with full vessel of kheer. They were eating it and devouring the taste.

"Princess. Remember when u made butter chicken first time." K.p. said and meenu nodded.

"That time it was not properly cooked but we appreciated it. When u tasted and gagged, u asked us why we appreciated it ? " Meenu looked at hum reminding the incident.

" We told you, we appreciated the efforts. That you took to make the dish. You cooked with an open heart and anticipated to make it superb. Your expecting eyes showed it.

But we are humans and we tend to make mistakes. And so did you. The second time you cooked, it was perfect. U learnt from your mistakes.

Teja also cooked with all the love but it didnt settle with you cos Your taste was changed. U compares her love with chilli? Just think what she must be feeling."

Meenu looked down , understanding his words. She felt guilty but asking forgiveness was still beyond the thought for her.

Her ego was down a bit but not enough to ask sorry. It still overpowered.

___

Karan got up from the table and went to teja's room. He may not noticed the tear but knew she must be crying. Her crack voice told him all.

He was getting frustrated between this mess. Teja asked him to be aeay from her and di matter but how can he?

Meenu was continuously targetting her and was hell bend on prove her wrong girl for him and teja was not giving it back. Just bcoz she was his sister.

He found the door locked so he banged it. But teja didnt open.

Hearing the bangs increasing, she started splashing water on her face so her now puffy eyes would look normal. She expected this to work like it did everytime.

She opened the door with a small smile. And sat in her bed .

Karan sat beside her taking her hands and kissing it. "The good was amazing. I could eat that all my life. " he said seeing directly in her eyes.

Teja nodded ."i know. I ..i make tge food delicious only."

"Stop it baby. U cant fool me." Karan said caressing her cheeks while she closed her eyes. And tears flowed down .

Who she was kidding to? It may be just some months karan started knowing her but it was enough for him. He knows her in and out. He can catch all the worries behind her that smile.

He knows her .

He felt her weight and knew she started dozing off.

His mobile vibrated and he gently laid her down before leaving back to his room.

__

He was talking in his mobile for the past 10 mins. Trying to sort out some mattee . His head ached and he went to his balcony to take the fresh air.

He shook his head as the other one was not ready to listen him and he closed his eyes with a sigh. But,

damn! He opened his eyes and looked the balcony beside his.

_______

Hey!!

U all are soooooooo sweet...pls be more sweet and double ur prayer for my maths exam its on Monday.
*smiling sheepishly.*

Dont forget to tell me Your pov about this one down in the section.

Byeieiie