~ twenty-seven ~

Rainy Day || 2/2

1:16 p.m.

Heeseung wandered the dorm aimlessly. The mopey weather made for a lazy day, and he procrastinated going through the pile of paperwork on his desk.

He took a fourth headcount out of sheer boredom, ensuring no one had snuck off or been kidnapped since his last one thirty minutes ago. Six boys lounged around the kitchen and living room, catching up on missed TV shows and dramas. The rest were gathered in a bedroom, talking loudly and creating a mess from their clothes. A suspiciously long period of silence prompted Heeseung to check up on them.

He knocked quietly on their closed door. "You guys good?"

"Mhm," Jungwon answered. "Come in."

Heeseung hovered in the hallway. "Nah, I was just making sure nobody died."

The door opened, and he jumped back, startled.

A pink blob stood in the entrance, eyeing him questioningly. "What?"

"Nothing."

Sunghoon nodded slowly. "Well, um, can you take this to the kitchen, please?"

He passed Heeseung a plate, turning to shut the door.

"Wait."

Heeseung grabbed the knob, and a jolt of electricity ran through his body. He looked down, staring at his hand atop Sunghoon's.

"Wait for what?" Sunghoon breathed.

Neither of them moved as their fingers rested on the metal knob, loosely woven together.

Heeseung took a deep breath. "Yesterday, you were trying to talk to me about something?"

"Hey, Sunghoon," Jake called from inside the bedroom. He held a laptop above his head, displaying the screen. "What do you think about this one? Nice, right?"

He stared up at the doorway duo with earnest eyes, oblivious to the situation at hand.

"Good pants," Sunghoon agreed, unintentionally missing Heeseung's question. "Do they have it in navy blue?"

Heeseung felt cold fingers slip out from beneath his own. He caught a glimpse of Jay, Jungwon, Kai, and Sunoo punching Jake's arm before Sunghoon shut the door.

"Murphy's Law," Heeseung sighed to himself.

He made his way to the kitchen, dropping off Sunghoon's plate in the sink. His yellow orchid sat shriveled up in its vase, a relatively unpleasant sight for the counter. Heeseung was unsure what to do with it, as it felt wrong to throw out Namjoon's precious gift. And besides, there was a taser hidden behind the pretty blue construction paper that enveloped the flower's container. He decided to leave it be, heading to the living room where Yeonjun and Beomgyu sat relaxing on the couch.

"I need advice." He plopped down between the two older boys.

"Well, you've come to the right place." Yeonjun glanced up, smiling. "What's the matter?"

"Sunghoon slept with me last night."

"You're joking," Beomgyu grinned, setting his phone down. "How? I didn't hear anything."

"Neither did I," Yeonjun remarked. "Good job."

Heeseung squinted at the pair. "I meant he crawled into bed with me."

"Oh." Beomgyu resumed looking at his screen. "Boring."

Heeseung rolled his eyes. "Fine, then. Yeonjun hyung, what do I do?"