☆ sixty-three ☆

TW: references alcoholism, eating disorders, and depression

~~~~~

Silent Canary || 2/4

"It's seven pm, let's go, let's go!" The camera director clapped his hands, encouraging his staff to move faster. "We want to start filming in ten minutes!"

Heeseung peered into a camera, fixing his hair as a stylist frantically adjusted his hockey jersey.

"I bet Sunghoon's going to love shooting this episode of Playground," Kai commented.

"Yeah," Heeseung laughed. "I don't know how I feel about it, though. Playing a game against the Children's Hockey Team of South Korea? I have the feeling we might get our asses beat."

"Eh, at least we get to wear these cool hockey jerseys." Beomgyu struck a pose. "How do I look? Handsome?"

Kai smiled thoughtfully. "If I'm being honest? Your head looks a little big."

"Here, guys, put these on." Mei jogged up to their huddle, handing each boy a pair of ice skates.

"You're still working undercover as a stylist?" Ni-ki joined their group, slipping his phone into his pocket. "Why? We all know you're a detective at this point."

Mei carefully retouched Ni-ki's lip tint. "I'm just helping out. I still have to be here, so I might as well make myself useful."

Eunji came by, handing Heeseung a pen and clipboard. "Need you to sign this. It's a sponsorship request form from the company that gave us the hockey jerseys."

"Sponsorship?" Heeseung signed the piece of paper. "We got these for free?"

Mei nodded as she helped Daniel put on his helmet. "Yeah. The stylists and I negotiated with the hockey company for about two hours before Eunji managed to convince them."

"Oh. Nice one." Heeseung handed Eunji her pen and clipboard back. "Thanks, sunbaenim."

"Belift!" The camera director called. "Please make your way into the ice rink; the children's hockey team will be here shortly."

Thirteen boys shuffled towards the rink's entrance, all but one teetering cautiously on their skates. Sunghoon clapped his hands, laughing and pointing joyously at his friends who were struggling to keep their balance.

"Yah!" Sunoo snapped. "Stop giggling over there and help us!"

"I will if you ask nicely," Sunghoon teased back. "Nice scarf, by the way. It actually goes really well with the hockey jersey."

"Oh, thank you." Sunoo readjusted the red scarf around his neck. "Now help me!"

"Kai." Yeonjun humorously glanced at the younger boy as he stepped out onto the ice. "I'm gonna need the flat bottle to get through this."