☆ fifty-two ☆

TW: eating disorders, vomiting

~~~~~

House of Cards || 1/2

"I'm going to spoon-feed you."

"Please don't."

"Oh no." Heeseung lifted a spoon towards Sunghoon's mouth. "My hand... It's moving on its own."

Sunghoon giggled, playfully swatting the older boy's shoulder. "Nice try, but you're embarrassing nobody but yourself."

"If it makes you eat, I'll embarrass myself a hundred times over." Heeseung slipped the spoon past Sunghoon's lips. "Mmm, soup. Yummy."

Sunghoon held the food in his mouth for a moment before arduously swallowing. He fondly gazed at Heeseung, propping his head up on the table with an arm.

"Ready for the next bite?" Heeseung asked.

"I'm full."

"Sunghoon, you've barely eaten anything. Please at least finish half the bowl."

Sunghoon remained silent, staring at a crumpled napkin on the table.

Heeseung sighed, setting the spoon down. "It's okay. We'll try again in a bit."

He stood up and kissed the top of Sunghoon's head before turning towards his desk. Sunghoon watched him leave, shoulders sinking in disappointment. He grabbed the spoon and hesitantly took a bite. Heeseung spun around at the sound of utensil clinking against dish. He observed Sunghoon feeding himself, noting the way his hands shook and how he gagged with every mouthful.

Once Sunghoon finished, he tilted the bowl, showing Heeseung its empty interior. "Good?"

Heeseung tried to stop himself from crying. He nodded his head. "Yeah. Really good."

"Why are you sad?" Sunghoon laughed, standing up to caress the older boy's cheek.

"I'm not." Heeseung gave a tired smile.

The smell of freshly cooked tteokbokki drifted through the vents, most likely originating from one of their neighbor's kitchens. Sunghoon's face scrunched up. He gagged quietly, trying to hide it behind his hand.

Heeseung glanced at the vents nervously. "Are you okay?"

Sunghoon shook his head, still covering his mouth. He pulled away, walking to the bathroom and shutting the door behind himself.

Heeseung followed him as much as he could, stopping in the hallway outside the locked door. "Hoon. Please open."

He closed his eyes, listening to the sounds of Sunghoon retching into the toilet. A couple of their members wandered over, but Heeseung waved them away, knowing Sunghoon wouldn't like the unwarranted attention.

He lightly tapped on the wall separating the two of them. "Hoonie. It's just me."

"Go away," Sunghoon mumbled.