☆ fifty-eight ☆

TW: references suicide

~~~~~

Good Cop, Bad Cop || 2/3

One. Two. Three.

Heeseung counted to keep his sanity as they ran down unbearably sterile hallways.

Four. Five. Six.

Blinding white lights flashed overhead. Sunghoon took his hand.

Seven.

They skidded to a halt in front of the main desk.

"Where is he?" Eunji panted. "Where's Kang Taehyun?"

The receptionist stood up.

Eight.

"You all are with Belift?"

Mei, Jihun, Eunji, Heeseung, and Sunghoon nodded.

"Follow me."

Nine.

They walked through the hospital at an excruciatingly slow pace. The receptionist eventually stopped in front of Taehyun's room. For some reason, a quiet Beomgyu sat outside on the floor; his knees pulled up to his chin. Heeseung glanced at the boy as he pushed open the door.

Ten.

Taehyun froze, a spoonful of jello already halfway inside his mouth.

He slowly closed his lips, pulling the utensil out before swallowing. "Oh, hey. What's up?"

"You're- Fuck." Heeseung collapsed to the ground, crying from relief. "You're okay."

Taehyun frowned from his hospital bed. "Yeah, course I am. Jay, what exactly did you send in that text?"

Jay showed the boy his phone.

"Oh my god." Taehyun rolled his eyes. "You made it sound like I was actively dying!"

"I did?" Jay glanced down at his screen. "Oh. Oops. Sorry, guys."

"Nice going, nimrod." Sunghoon shook his head at Jay. "Now you've really traumatized him."

"I'm not traumatized." Heeseung blinked away his tears.

Jungwon smiled at him sympathetically. He crossed the room, offering his hand to help the older boy up.

As soon as Heeseung was standing, Daniel entangled him in a tight hug. "I missed you."

"I was gone for two hours," Heeseung laughed, patting the top of the younger boy's head. "We spent all day together rehearsing speeches."

"Yeah, and then you and Sunghoon hyung disappeared for dinner."

"We were at the police station, helping with the investigation."