~ thirty-six ~

TW: slight violence

~~~~~

Busan Beaches pt. 2 || 2/3

Heeseung always thought the worst sound in the world was nails on a chalkboard. After hearing Ni-ki play, he decided a terribly out-of-tune guitar took a close second place. Laying here, however, in the wet sand of Busan's most stunning beach, he realized he was wrong.

Reddish water continuously brushed past him, soaking his clothes and leaving a salty taste in his mouth. An achy pain shot through his body as he lifted his head, just enough to catch a glimpse of the scarlet-stained shoreline. It diluted quickly, washed away by waves until only a faint darkened boundary remained.

Sunghoon was at his side in an instant, rolling him over and ripping off his flannel to check for bleeding. His lips were moving, but Heeseung couldn't hear him over the shrill ringing in his ears. Muddy sand flew into his eyes, and he coughed, grabbing Sunghoon's sleeve to stop him.

"Not mine," he rasped. "It's not mine."

Sunghoon froze in relief, panting heavily as another icy swell of water crested over them. Heeseung's senses returned just enough for him to make out the word 'fuck.'

And then he knew.

The worst sound in the world wasn't nails on a chalkboard or an untuned instrument. It was the cry of a left-behind lover.

"Beomgyu!" Taehyun shrieked. "Beomgyu!"

He splashed into the water, falling to his knees beside the unconscious boy. "Get up, you stupid- Get up!"

Soobin slowly turned towards Mei, his eyes brimming with furious tears. "You... shot him?"

Mei dropped her gun, putting her hands up. "I- I swear I didn't."

"You did." Soobin knelt on the beach, staring blankly into the distance.

Heeseung didn't have time to worry about him. He scrambled off the ground, sprinting to stop Yeonjun from committing murder. "Hyung, no!"

He tackled the older boy into the sand.

"Get off!" Yeonjun spat, fighting Heeseung's grip on his wrists. "I'll kill her! I'll fucking kill her!"

"Go!" Kai took over holding Yeonjun. "I have him!"

Heeseung nodded before taking off towards Beomgyu. Taehyun had managed to drag him out of the shallow water and was now desperately trying to locate the wound. His eyes were wide with panic as Heeseung joined him, kneeling on the opposite side of Beomgyu's limp body.

"Where's it coming from?"

"I don't know!" Taehyun sobbed, his hands shaky and covered with blood. "I can't- I can't-"

"Get him out of here." Soobin dropped beside Heeseung, immediately getting to work.

Heeseung ran to the other side of Beomgyu, grabbing Taehyun by the underarms and pulling him away.

"Give him space," he whispered softly. "Come on, let's wash off the blood."

He led Taheyun into the ocean, tossing aside a small raggedy cardboard box that floated in his way.

"Ah," Taehyun hissed, taking a step towards dryland. "Something stung me."

Heeseung frowned, peering closely at the boy's leg. Blood was gushing from a rather large gash above his ankle. Upon further inspection, he realized there were broken pieces of glass floating everywhere around them.

"Shit." He seized Taehyun's hand, hauling him back to shore. "There's glass all over the place. Everybody, stay out of the water!"

Jay jogged over to them, whipping off his overshirt to stem Taehyun's bleeding.