☆ seventy-six [bonus 11: soobin] ☆

TW: alcoholism and implied sexual content

~~~~~

Bonus 11 [Soobin]: Something Just Like This || 3/3

"Excuse me? Soobin-ssi?"

Soobin sat up in his hospital bed, untangling his arms from the wires of his heart monitor. "Yeah?"

The nurse awkwardly cleared her throat, glancing over at the second bed in the room. "Yeonjun-ssi's blood test came back. We found traces of alcohol in his system."

Soobin felt his heart sink. He heard the bed sheets rustle as Yeonjun disappeared beneath his covers. "Oh. Okay. Thank you."

"I know this isn't your first rodeo here, so I'll just keep to the basics," the nurse whispered. "Yeonjun-ssi will be placed on our addiction-watch program for the rest of his stay here. As always, he will not be allowed to drink any alcoholic beverages while in the hospital, regardless of withdrawal symptoms. You can expect to start seeing those anywhere between a few hours and a few days."

She took a deep breath, facing Soobin. "This isn't my place but... I think you should both consider more drastic measures to ensure sobriety. In the last year, Yeonjun-ssi's been put on our addiction-watch program three times."

Soobin rubbed his face, exhaling slowly. "I know."

The nurse took a hesitant step forward. "I assure you, our rehab specialists are top of the line, and we-"

"He doesn't need any help," Soobin gritted, his voice faltering with his confidence. "He has me; I've always been here. We don't need anybody else."

"Reaching out is always difficult. It's hard to let yourself be so vulnerable." The nurse's gaze was sympathetic. "But whenever you guys are ready."

She tucked a business card into Soobin's bag. "Give us a call."

As soon as the door closed, Yeonjun uncovered his head, biting his lip as he glanced away. "Soobin, I-"

"Save it." Soobin clenched his fists, staring at the wall. "You said Jackson's party was a one-time slip-up."

"It was!"

"Then why does it show up in your blood test?!" Soobin cried. "You- We've been through this before, Yeonjun. I'm not stupid! It wouldn't show up unless you drank something in the last twelve hours. Twelve hours. What did you do? Fucking pregame the concert?"

Yeonjun hung his head. "In some ways, yes."

"Alone?"

"No," he muttered. "With Kai."

Soobin let out a sound of indignation. "Yeonjun! Are you kidding me?"

He turned away from the older boy, clutching his blanket to his chest. "So now you're not just lying to me; you're getting Kai to lie to Jake."