~ seventy-nine ~

TW: references kidnapping, depression, and death

~~~~~

Hospital (Round Two) || 3/4

7:49 p.m.

"Beomgyu," Heeseung grinned. "You're awake!"

He crossed the room, handing Jay three large McDonald's bags, each filled to the brim with boxes containing chicken nuggets.

"Yeah, he woke up about an hour ago, but the doctors took him for testing," Jay nodded. "Taehyun's been with him the whole time, but the rest of us only found out about fifteen minutes ago."

"Man, I leave the hospital for two seconds and miss everything." Heeseung shook his head in humorous disappointment. "But why didn't anybody text or call me?"

"We didn't want you to turn around and not get dinner," Ni-ki said sheepishly. "Sorry."

His stomach grumbled and he casually reached for a chicken nugget. "May I?"

"Of course," Heeseung smiled. "And what's with the long faces? Beomgyu's awake. Isn't this good news?"

"Talk to him and you'll know why," Jay sighed.

Heeseung gave him a quizzical look before turning to face the boy in the hospital bed. "How are you feeling?"

Beomgyu blankly stared at him. "Good, thank you for asking."

He paused before biting his lip, apologetic. "Who are you?"

Heeseung's heart dropped. "Beomgyu?"

"He has amnesia," Taehyun quietly reported. "He doesn't remember anything. Not even me."

"Oh, Taehyun," Heeseung exhaled slowly, his hand covering his mouth in disbelief. "I'm so sorry."

He took a seat at the edge of Beomgyu's bed. "Hey, dude. I'm Heeseung. We trained together."

"Trained?" Beomgyu frowned. "Trained for what?"

"Oh god." Soobin turned around, burying himself in Yeonjun's arms. "He really doesn't remember."

Beomgyu pointed at Jay. "You... Yeonjun...? Yeonjun, please close the door. It's a bit drafty in here."

Jay awkwardly cleared his throat, nudging the door shut with his foot. "I'm actually Jay. Yeonjun hyung is over there, by the tall guy. Soobin hyung. And, um, they're both our hyungs. Don't forget to use honorifics."

"Oh, sorry," Beomgyu laughed nervously. "There are... a lot of you."

Taehyun took Beomgyu's arm, gently rubbing the older boy's knuckles. "Don't worry, Gyu. You'll get the hang of it."

Beomgyu stared at the younger boy. "Sorry... Who are you to me? I mean, besides a co-worker. I know you're a co-worker. You told me that. But were we, like, close friends or just acquaintances?"

"Beomgyu... I'm your boyfriend. We're boyfriends."

Beomgyu blinked in surprise. "I'm gay?"

Taehyun inhaled sharply, his voice catching in his throat. "You're bi."

"Oh." Beomgyu paused. "Good to know. Am I like... out?"

"To pretty much everyone except the general public, yeah." Taehyun lowered his gaze. "You told your parents as soon as we started dating."

"How long ago was that?"

"About three weeks."

"Oh. Wow. That's uh... Wow." Beomgyu glanced around, stunned. He hesitated for a moment before reaching out, experimentally picking up Taehyun's arm by the wrist. "Did we hold hands a lot?"