☆ eighty-six [bonus 12: sunoo] ☆

TW: references alcoholism

~~~~~

Bonus 12 [Sunoo]: Monster Among Men || 2/4

They were screwed.

Sunoo stared with exasperation at the two eldest members of their break-in-and-don't-tell-Heeseung gang.

"This is a bad idea," he whispered. "We're sure to get caught."

"Have faith," Daniel laughed. "They're smart. They'll do their job."

"They're supposed to be looking out, not making out. How are they supposed to keep an eye on the captain if they've only got eyes for each other?"

Neither Jake nor Kai noticed their conversation. They sat side-by-side in the grass against the police captain's house, their fingers dancing with one another, playfully tangling and then pulling away.

Jake giggled as Kai's hand trapped his against the wall. "Cheater."

"Score's zero to one," Kai simply replied.

A pout spread across the younger boy's face. "Meanie."

"Loser."

"Cheater."

"Dumb dumb." Kai turned away, quietly laughing. "So, uh... Some of my friends and I are going clubbing tomorrow. Any interest in joining us?"

"Clubbing, Kai?" Jake questioned. "Are you sure you should be clubbing?"

"I'm not drinking, and you don't have to either if you don't want to. I'm also totally fine if you do want to drink." Kai playfully nudged him. "I'll be your designated driver."

"You can't even drive," Jake muttered. He leaned back, sighing unhappily, "Maybe next time. Right now with court and everything... I just don't have the energy to party much. You have fun, though."

Kai nodded understandingly as Sunoo huffed, crossing his arms. "You two done yet?"

Jake turned towards him, grinning apologetically. "Sorry. Yeah, you guys go. We'll text if we see him."

***

Creak.

Sunoo spun around, eyeing the door to the captain's office. "What was that? And who left the door open? I swear we shut it."

Ni-ki held his hands up. "Wasn't any of us. Maybe it was the I-Land ghost."

Sunoo rolled his eyes at the boy's cheeky reply.

"You know what's funny?" Ni-ki tucked his hands inside his pockets and glanced at Jungwon, who was hunched over the captain's home computer. "You were the one who told Heeseung hyung that we should stop breaking into places right before he, Beomgyu hyung, and Yeonjun hyung stole the staff files from the CEO's office."