☆ thirty-one ☆

Sons and Daughters || 2/2

The bell above the door chimed.

"Hello. Do you know who this is?" Yeonjun placed his phone on the counter, sliding it towards a middle-aged man in a gray apron.

The baker stared uneasily at the thirteen boys standing in front of him. "No, and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you. I respect my customers' privacy."

Heeseung sighed, pulling out his wallet. "We'll have six grilled cheese and seven chicken sandwiches, please."

"Ah, not yet." He held the money just out of reach of the baker's greedy hands. "Answer the question first."

"The man in the picture is Lee Jihun. Young fellow, twenty-nine, probably from a rich family. He comes here pretty often, usually on Fridays, for lunch. Always alone; always gets a medium coffee. Used to buy cookies to go, maybe for a girlfriend, I'm not sure. He's kind of weird, like that main guy from 'Crash Landing on You.' Very anti-social, I don't see him having many frien-"

"Okay, okay, that's all we need." Heeseung handed him the cash. "When do you think he'll be here?"

"Uh, I'd say about ten, fifteen minutes," the baker answered cheerfully. "Have a seat. Your food will be out shortly."

They pushed three small tables together, stealing chairs from every corner of the tiny cafe. The only other customer was a senior woman who kept winking at Soobin flirtatiously. She eventually hobbled out, turning back one last time to blow him a kiss.

"What was that?" Daniel giggled once she left the cafe.

Soobin smiled, folding his napkin into a paper airplane. "Oh, I get it all the time. They think I look like Minhyuk sunbaenim from BTOB."

"It's ridiculous," Yeonjun grumbled. "I'm clearly twice as handsome, but they all hit on Soobin anyway."

Daniel pulled his phone out for a quick google search. "Dang. Soobin hyung, you look exactly like him. Minhyuk sunbaenim could pick me up from school, and I'd get in the car, no suspicions whatsoever."

"That worries me," Soobin laughed. "Please don't do that."

"Doppelgangers are cool," Jungwon nodded, joining their conversation. "People say Daniel and I look alike."

"Eh, maybe a little." Daniel ducked under the table, popping up beside Jungwon to show him his phone. "But Soobin hyung and Minhyuk sunbaenim are on a whole different lev-"

The bell above the door chimed.

Heeseung stood up. "Hello."

"Heeseung?" Enhypen's old manager cautiously entered the cafe. "What are you doing here? What are all of you doing here?"

"We were looking for you."

"Oh."

The young man crossed the room, pulling up a chair. His dark hair was neatly styled, and he wore a luxurious business suit that resembled those in the CEO's closet. Everything about him screamed wealth and perfection, everything except his eyes. They carried a sense of warmth that disputed the hostile demeanor of the rich.