~ seventy-two ~

TW: kidnapping

~~~~~

The Best of Belift pt. 3 || 2/3

"What?" Yeonjun grabbed onto the sidebars of his stretcher, fighting against the straps to sit up straight. "No, I'm not going to the hospital! Soobin's still in there!"

The paramedic unbuckled his restraints before raising his hands and stepping back. "Yes, we are aware, and you can sign a refusal form. We're just legally obligated to let you know that you're risking permanent injury of your ankle if you-"

"Heeseung! Heeseung, tell them to let me go!" Yeonjun struggled off the stretcher, hopping on one foot towards the picnic bench Sunghoon and another paramedic were sitting.

Heeseung groaned, rubbing his face. "For the last time, hyung. They're not forcing you to do anything; they're just suggesting a course of action. You're free to do whatever you want."

The paramedic assessing his shoulder laughed. "Your boys are dramatic, aren't they?"

"Oh, you have no idea," Heeseung sighed. He slid down from the back ledge of the ambulance. "Are we good to go?"

"Yep. Just take it easy, and remember to get that shoulder checked out in a hospital when this is all over. Also, um, tell your friend to sit down before he injures his other ankle."

"Will do," Heeseung laughed. He made his way over to Sunghoon and Yeonjun. "How's Mei noona?"

"She'll be fine," Sunghoon hummed thoughtfully. "She's also refusing to go to the hospital, so they're splinting her leg in the ambulance over there."

"Heeseung hyung!"

Heeseung turned around, surprised to find the members they'd left at the BTS concert venue sprinting towards them.

Ni-ki reached the picnic table first, enveloping Heeseung in a giant hug. "How are you?"

"Uh, good?" Heeseung laughed, patting Ni-ki's head. "Well, as good as I can be in a situation like this."

"How are Taehyun hyung and Beomgyu hyung?" Jungwon asked.

"They left for the hospital a few minutes ago," Yeonjun nodded. "Paramedics said they should be fine. How did you guys get here?"

"Uh..." Ni-ki laughed nervously. "It's a long story. You know how you gave Jay hyung the keys to Changbin sunbaenim's van and said, 'don't drive unless you absolutely have to?' Well, um, we ignored you."

~

"Jay hyung, go faster!" Ni-ki unbuckled his seatbelt, poking his head through the front seats of Changbin's van. "Daniel's going to be fifty years old by the time we reach the studio!"

Jay tightly gripped the steering wheel, beads of sweat forming along his hairline. "I don't have a license, Ni-ki. And I've never driven a car before."

Ni-ki glanced out the window, groaning as a group of elderly women sped walk past the van. "Jay hyung, please. Just speed up a little?"

Jungwon reached over from the front passenger's seat, resting his hand on Jay's knee.

"You got this," he whispered. "Don't be afraid."

Kai nodded from the backseat. "And besides, the police captain said they already got into a small car crash over by the old dance studio. What are the odds that our group will get into two car crashes in one day?"

"So high," Jay sighed. "The odds are so high."

"Hyung," Jungwon smiled reassuringly. "We'll be okay."