~ seventy-one ~

TW: descriptions of injuries, kidnapping

~~~~~

The Best of Belift pt. 3 || 1/3

As Heeseung faded into consciousness for the second time that day, an intense pain in his right shoulder made him strongly consider just knocking himself out again or perhaps asking Sunghoon to thwack him on the head with a rock.

He wanted to scream, cry, thrash around, or do anything to make the pain stop, but even breathing felt like torture. Every little movement sent waves of pain spiraling through his body. He was vaguely aware that Sunghoon was kneeling beside him, sobbing hysterically as he shouted for Heeseung to breathe.

"Come on," Sunghoon begged. "Come on, breathe. You are not dying on me today, Heeseung."

"Sunghoon, down!" Mei hissed.

The younger boy immediately went limp, flopping to the ground beside Heeseung.

"Eh?" Heeseung took a breath despite the pain for the sole purpose of asking Sunghoon what the fuck he was doing.

Before he could say anything, Sunghoon pressed a finger to his lips. "Shh. The sasaeng's here."

Heeseung exhaled slowly, trying to ignore the horrible, twisting pain in his right shoulder. He watched BTS's driver kneel beside Mei's body, pulling something out of her pocket before stepping over her and dashing towards the old BigHit dance studio.

As soon as the driver was out of sight, Mei groaned, dragging herself up into a sitting position. "My leg's broken. Soobin, Sunghoon-"

"We're on it." The two boys sprang up from the grassy patches where they'd been playing dead, working together to carry a limp Beomgyu towards Mei.

Heeseung laboriously lifted his head, catching a glimpse of the unconscious boy. He pursed his lips, calling out to Sunghoon, "What's happening? How long was I out?"

"Just five minutes," Sunghoon muttered, helping Soobin create a make-shift splint for Mei's leg out of a fallen tree branch. "They hit our minivan with their car. Soobin hyung and I got out before that, but you, Mei noona, Beomgyu hyung, Yeonjun hyung, and Taehyun weren't so lucky."

Soobin nodded, standing up and brushing the dirt off his pants. "Beomgyu's fully knocked out, and Yeonjun can't walk. Mei noona is going to watch over Beomgyu while Sunghoon takes care of you and Taehyun."

"And where are you going?" Heeseung asked.

"After the sasaengs." Soobin swallowed nervously. "Given the opportunity, they're going to barricade the door, and then Jin and Daniel will be outnumbered. If I can get in, I even the playing field just a little bit."

"Soobin, she took my gun just now." Mei shook her head. "It's not worth the risk anymore."

"I don't care." Soobin bit his lip apprehensively. "Daniel needs me."

"Wait, Soob." Yeonjun gritted his teeth, trying to stand up. "I'm coming; you're not going alo- Agh!"

He toppled sideways, his left knee buckling under his weight.

"Yeonjun, your ankle is either sprained or broken." Soobin helped the older boy take a seat on the ground beside a tree stump. "Stay here and take care of yourself before you make it worse."

Mei winced in pain as she unzipped her bulletproof vest. "Here, wear this under your jacket. At least it's some sort of protection."

"This is so incredibly stupid. Soobin!" Yeonjun struggled to his feet again. "Don't go. Please. I-"