☆ fifty-four [interlude: BTS] ☆

INTERLUDE: The Bangtan Boys || 1/3

Park Jimin

"You know who I think are really cute?" A smile played on Jimin's lips. "Jake and Heeseungie. The way they're always laughing together and going on dates to the HYBE cafeteria—it's just so adorable."

Jungkook's eyes widened. "Hyung... Jake and Heeseung aren't dating."

"What?!" Jimin slapped a hand over his mouth. "You're lying."

"I'm not." The younger boy shook his head. "It's Heeseung and Sunghoon that are together."

"But- But when we were camping during the getaway, he and Sunghoon didn't even look at each other while he and Jake had a grand old time cooking dinner and chatting at the firepit!"

"Well, they're just good friends," Jungkook grinned.

Taehyung nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure Heeseung and Sunghoon were having a little, uh, lover's quarrel."

Jimin hid his face in his hands.

"I feel so stupid," he groaned. "I thought they hated each other!"

"You're always talking with Sunoo; didn't he tell you?" Jungkook laughed.

"No." Jimin glared at him. "We talk about a lot more than just gossip and relationships."

He glanced around before shaking his head and sighing, "Where even are we? There's no way we're still in Seoul. This place looks like the countryside."

Taehyung checked his phone. "We're in the outskirts of Seoul, closer to the farmlands."

Jimin frowned. "Why'd we put this shop on the list? It's pretty far from our dorm and the HYBE building. Seems unlikely the sasaeng would drive all the way out here for some flowers."

"Mr. Gwan grows his own plants," Jungkook answered. "It's the perfect place to get a bunch of roses without drawing attention by having them mailed into the city."

The three boys stopped walking, staring up at the wooden cabin in front of them. The building was meticulously decorated with vines. Delicately painted flower pots lined the patio, and above the door hung a little sign that read 'Gwan's Greenery.'

"I'm not getting sasaeng vibes from here," Taehyung remarked. "This place probably doesn't have any leads either."

"Well, let's hurry up then." Jungkook opened the door. "There's twenty more flower shops we have to get to after this one."

A middle-aged man glanced up as they entered the shop. "Hello, how may I help you?"

Jungkook bravely stood at the head of the trio for a second before turning around and pushing Jimin forward to talk.

The oldest boy rolled his eyes as he faced the florist. "Hi, Mr. Gwan. Is it alright if we ask you a few questions?"

Mr. Gwan smiled, rubbing his hands together to get the dirt off his gardening gloves. "Sure."