~ thirty-five ~

TW: slight violence

~~~~~

Busan Beaches pt. 2 || 1/3

A yellow sharpie rolled off the table.

"I'll get it," Daniel chirped, reaching into the sand to pick it up. "Here you go, hyung."

Yeonjun accepted the marker, grinning from ear to ear as he turned towards the camera. "See? Isn't our little maknae so nice?"

He tossed the sharpie aside to pinch Daniel's cheeks. "He is such a cutie pie."

Daniel giggled. "Stop it, Yeonjun hyung, you're embarrassing me."

"Alrighty." Heeseung set his markers down. "I think our time's up."

He displayed his drawing of the beach to the camera. "This is mine."

"Well," Ni-ki sighed. "He's no Picasso."

Sunoo rolled his eyes. "I'm surprised you even know who that is. Last year, we were buying ice cream, and he tried to order 'Picasso' instead of 'pistachio.'"

Ni-ki stared at the camera sheepishly. "He's lying, everybody; don't listen to him."

"I'm not," Sunoo shrugged. "Anyways, I have a dolphin in my drawing, and-"

Heeseung nearly fell asleep listening to each member showcase their artwork. It took far too long, and personally, he felt every boy was far too cocky about their mediocre abilities. He bent the corner of his paper out of boredom, longing for the day to move by faster.

They had spent the morning at dance practice—which was not fun with a hangover—and then the first half of the afternoon, visiting Busan's scenic locations for photoshoots and filming. Finally, this Vlive on the beach would end their idol work for the day, leaving them with just fifteen minutes to hustle over to Jihun's beach house, where they'd prepare for Mei's confrontation.

Heeseung flattened his creased drawing, realizing he shouldn't ruin it before it left his hands. Their artwork was part of a raffle, and thirteen lucky fans who purchased their debut album would receive a very average drawing of the beach.

"I love seashells, so I drew a couple in the sand over here-"

"Oh, Sunghoon!" Heeseung perked up, listening intently to the speaker.

Everyone, including the staff from behind the camera, stared at him.

Sunghoon leaned forward, smiling. "Did you want to say something, Heeseung hyung?"

"Uh... just that... there was a bug near your chair?" Heeseung grinned nervously, wiping his sweaty palms on his shorts. "A bee, I think."

"I'll keep an eye out for it," Sunghoon nodded. "Thanks, hyung."

He continued with the presentation of his drawing, barely hiding a smirk. As soon as the last person finished, Soobin stood up.

"Thank you for watching!" He waved at the camera with both hands. "We love you!"

The rest of the boys cheered, copying his actions.

"Bye-bye!"

"Can't wait to see you in person!"

"Fuck Covid-19!"

Heeseung slapped a hand over Beomgyu's mouth. "So sorry for his language."

Jay nudged Daniel forward, encouraging him to give the last word. "Any final thoughts?"

"Yes." Daniel crouched in front of the camera, preparing to turn it off. "Goodbye, everybody. Please wait for us."

He covered the lens with one hand as the staff ended the Vlive. "Is it still recording?"