Season 1: 1# A Month Later

Zach's POV

It's been a month since Mat was in a coma. He didn't wake up for the last few weeks even if he's supposed to but sepsis is dangerous. But now, he's awake and I and my teammates are excited to see him awake for the first time. Even extubated. So now, even in the midst of the storm, my teammates and I immediately ran to the hospital to see him.

Oli: Why are you guys running so fast?

Toby: Dad woke up.

Aimee: After a month?

Tommy: Yeah, he was in a coma.

Beau: It must be exciting to see your dad recover.

Bill: So, where's your mum? Could be either Martha or Alice.

Eryn: We were adopted by 2 dads, we don't have a mum.

Mei: Yeah, and Martha is Jim's mum and Alice is Tina's mum.

Larry: Guys, you forgot I can't run that fast. I'm still recovering from the joint fluid.

Martha: Oh, sorry.

Jim: Dad, it's been a month.

Larry: I know.

Martha managed to carry Larry and we continued running to the hospital. I was happy that the gender roles are reversed and the Guardians don't care about gender barriers. As soon as we reached the hospital, my nasal cannula flew off and I needed to secure it again. Then, Brad came.

Brad's POV

I was about to check on Mat before telling my teammates that he woke up from his month-long coma but they ran in. With Zach's nasal cannula not in the right place, it seems like the storm blew it away for no reason. And Martha carried Larry probably cuz he still feels pain in his knee even while running.

Brad: Woah, you guys okay?

Zach: Ran through the storm all the way here.

Bill: It was his idea, my insulin's dropping.

Ryan L: Diabetes?

Bill: Yeah.

Freddie: And Zach's breathing thingy is loose.

Brad: Okay, before we go and see Mat, I need your medical equipment secured on you.

Oli: What about you? Why aren't you on oxygen when you have cystic fibrosis?

Brad: I take it off at work. Anyways, get your oxygen or g-tubes fixed and check your levels and jab yourself in case the blood sugar is high.

Bill: If low, have something sweet.

Brad: How do you know?

Bill: I'm diabetic.

Brad: Anyways, just fix yourselves up.

Zach's POV

My teammates and I got ourselves fixed up before going back to Brad. I was thinking of getting our nasal cannulas taped up on our cheeks like we were babies during the storm. After getting ourselves fixed, we went back to the ICU hallways where Brad is before following him to Mat's room.

Ben W: Did Mat really wake up?

Brad: Yeah, he was responsive. We just need to take the tube out and replace it with a BiPAP.

Cassie: What's that?

Toby: A non-invasive ventilation with a two-way valve. The air will be pushed into you when you inhale.

Oli: Dude, that's creepy.

Tommy: Tubbo and I are used to it though.

Toby: Yeah, in my case, it's cystic fibrosis in case the doctors didn't have to intubate me. For Tommy, it's the constant times his blood pressure drops along with his oxygen levels.