Season 3: 5# Waking Up From A Coma

Zach's POV

It's been about almost a week since Bill was admitted to the hospital and now we got news that he had just woke up. We had spend a night in the hospital and then went back to our dorms for a bit before going back to the hospital and spend the next few days there. Now we are waiting for the time to see Bill until Brad came in.

Brad: Hey guys, Bill is ready for visitors now.

Freddie: Great.

Brad: You guys better wash up first. We don't want you to visit Bill while in your pyjamas for the last few days.

Zach: Do we have to shower in our dorms or in the staff bathrooms here?

Brad: I suggest doing so in your dorms, the staff bathrooms haven't been cleaned yet.

Annika: Gross.

Brad: Anyways, we'll meet up in the waiting room after you got ready.

Zach: Alright, let's go, gang.

Brad: Yeah, you guys stench of hand sanitiser.

Corbyn: So do you, man.

Brad: Why thank you.

We walked back to our dorms to wash up and get changed into our everyday clothes. After that, we walked back to the hospital to meet up with Brad and to see Bill. We began following him to the intensive care unit as he told us some updates.

Brad: So, we extubated Bill but his oxygen levels are still a bit low so we put him on oxygen.

Freddie: Does he have what Tubbo has?

Toby: What? Cystic fibrosis?

Freddie: Your oxygen, Tubbo.

Toby: Oh yeah, right.

Aimee: What about his hydration and insulin stuff?

Brad: We removed one IV out of him. Previously, he had about 4 IVs because he was very dehydrated by the time he was rushed here. Now he has 3 IVs in. About the insulin, he is already on the insulin pump throughout the time he is in a coma.

Tommy: Wow.

Brad: We're gonna see him right now.

We finally reached Bill's room and he's already awake and slightly sitting up. His ventilator is replaced by a simple nasal cannula and it seemed like he's looking at us. He is supposedly in good health as well. I entered the room followed by Aimsey, Freddie, Tommy, Tubbo and Eryn.

Zach: Hey Bill, how are you doing?

Bill: Hey Zach. Slight headache but I'm good.

Freddie: So glad you're okay, man.

Bill: How long was I sleeping for?

Tommy: You were in a coma for almost a week.

Bill: That long?

Toby: Not as long as Mat's coma, he slept for a month. We missed all of February because of that.

Bill: Oh. What's this thing blowing air into my nose?

Toby: That's a nasal cannula, it's giving you oxygen. Zach and I have it.

Bill: A bit uncomfortable but hey, at least I look cool.

Zach: You have to be on oxygen because your oxygen levels were really low by the time you were rushed here. You didn't stop bleeding entirely, but you still had to be intubated because of the lack of oxygen.

Bill: At least I'm out of that annoying tube. Is this thing more annoying than the tube?

Aimee: Only if you're used to it.