An Agreement

Renjun looked down at the screen in his hand, scrolling through random feeds as a distraction from Jeno and Jaemin's bullshit. Jeno had invited him to come to a cafe with him, but he didn't think it was just so he could helplessly third wheel the sappy couple.

He glanced up, just to see if there was anything he should be paying attention to and instead coming face to face with them laughing about something that Renjun wasn't involved in with. Seriously, why the hell did Jeno even ask him to be here? He had a trillion other things he could have one in this time, like painting or going to training. Instead he was just here to supervise a bunch of adults, something definitely not worth his time.

He looked back down at his phone with a frown, seeing Donghyuck's last message. He had texted Donghyuck to come so he wouldn't feel like such a loner around the two, but unfortunately for him Donghyuck had to take someone's shift. So now he was stuck.

In his uni cafe.

Third wheeling his crush and his boyfriend.

Alone.

Possibly forever.

Renjun quietly groaned, lying his head down on the table, Jaemin shooting him a glance as he did so. Not that Renjun really noticed considering he was too busy wallowing in his sadness.
The waiter tapped his shoulder as he placed down his drink, Renjun mumbling a thank you as he clasped his tea.
"Green milk tea?" Jaemin asked quietly, Renjun lifting his head with dead eyes at the young boy. Jaemin cocked his head with a smile, "sounds nice."
Renjun simply hummed, letting his head fall back down on the table not in the mood to argue pettily with Jaemin. As much as he wanted to snap, he really didn't have the energy, especially since nothing either of them were doing was giving him energy.

"Jeno, can you get me my order?," Jaemin smiled sweetly at his boyfriend, Renjun looking up slightly to see Jeno melting in his seat. Giving him a peck on his lips, Jeno went to get their orders from the counter.

With that, Jaemin clasped his hands on the table, smiling at Renjun. "Can I talk with you?"
Renjun looked up at him, hoping that his glare wasn't as harsh as he was trying to make it, or that maybe Jaemin might just look past it. Cause if looks could kill, Na Jaemin would have been dead a long time ago. Shame Renjun was afraid of jail.

Jaemin pursed his lips, taking a deep breath. "You don't like me very much."
"Gee, what gave you that impression?" Renjun spoke bitterly, the unpleasant yet familiar taste of malice on his tongue.
Jaemin chuckled softly, unfazed by the boy's tone, which simply riled Renjun up more. He gritted his teeth, his jaw tight and unmoving.

"And you like Jeno."

Renjun shot up in his seat, his face falling slightly, "what?"
Jaemin laughed quietly again, shaking his head, "well, it's not exactly like you're subtle. I just needed that reaction," he snapped his fingers at him, "to confirm my suspicions."
Renjun curled into himself, his eyes darting to the side to see if Jeno would suddenly appear out of nowhere. He knew he wasn't subtle but he didn't think Jaemin would have acknowledged it. Jaemin had that tendency though, if Renjun was in an even sourer mood than he usually was, Jaemin would typically question him. He was just sort of observant like that, Jaemin just knew when things were off.

Maybe he also knew that Renjun would get slightly giddy every time he was slightly hurt, and now he kinda felt bad. Kinda.

Renjun twisted his shirt, fumbling with the material in fear as he glanced down, "what are you gonna do then?"
Jaemin sighed with a content smile, eyes sparkling almost as he looked at him, "I have an idea."
Renjun furrowed his brows skeptically at the younger boy, "what do you mean?"

Before Jaemin could respond, Jeno came back with a smile, shaking the two drinks. He slid Jaemin's drink towards him and went to sit down, only to be stopped by Jaemin himself.
"Honey, I love you, but can I talk to Renjun privately?" he asked, Jaemin grinning prettily at him for extra effect.

Jeno pursed his lips, eyes darting to Renjun for a brief moment. The only real acknowledgement Renjun had gotten since his arrival. He looked back at Jaemin, "is this a good idea?"
Jaemin laughed, "yes it is. Besides, you've suggested before that we should learn to get along." It's true. Whenever Jeno was just with Renjun just doing their own thing, something Jeno would mention that he should at least try to get along with him, quoting that "his best friends and boyfriend should be at least on good terms." Seems like Jaemin had gotten the same lecture as well, though Jaemin seemed to try more than Renjun had ever. Guess there was a bit of guilt on his conscience for treating Jaemin shittily.

Jeno looked back at Renjun, raising an eyebrow at him. Though Renjun had never said explicitly, Jeno always knew Renjun hated Jaemin. Granted, anyone with functioning eyes could see that, and since Jeno had lasik-surgery, he had a pretty damn good idea.

With a deep inhale, Renjun smiled up at him, "I'll be good, I promise."
Jeno narrowed his eyes for a moment, searching for sincerity. Once he found it, he gave them both a smile, "Okay, have fun then!" he waved at them, taking his drink. Renjun's eyes followed him out before he turned to Jaemin, only to see him chuckling almost fondly at him.

The younger boy took a deep breath, glancing at his lap, "I love Jeno, with all my heart. I like to think that in these few years, I've gotten to know him well enough to know what might be good for him, and obviously you are good for him." He bit his lip as Renjun tilted his head at him. He looked up with a smile, "I don't like you being upset, not just at me, but in general. Hatred is not a good thing to hold."

Jaemin smiled, "I love Jeno with all my heart...but...if he can be happier with you, then I wouldn't mind. Even at the cost of my happiness."
"What are you suggesting, Jaemin?" Renjun leaned forward on the table, incredibly concerned about where the hell this guy was going.

Jaemin's eyes lit up, "Let me help you."

"With what?"

"To be with Jeno."

Renjun pushed himself back into his seat with wide eyes, completely contrasting with Jaemin's eager ones. Jaemin clapped, "It's perfect. If I can make Jeno not like me anymore and make him like you, then everything will be fine."
"Are you insane?!" Renjun looked at him in disbelief, "Jaemin, that's ridiculous."
"I know, and that's why it will work," Jaemin reasoned, "You like Jeno, and if Jeno likes you too, you can be happy together."

Renjun bit his lip, "What about you?"
Jaemin shrugged dismissively, "Doesn't matter, I think I'd be happier if you were okay. And what other way is there?" Jaemin extended his hand toward him. "Deal?"

Renjun rolled his tongue across the inside of his cheek. It was a stupid idea, ridiculous even. There was no way that would work. And what if Jaemin was just playing with him, trying to make Jeno hate him so that Jaemin could keep him to himself?

But there was this small voice in his head, nagging him, promising him that it would work. And even though Renjun tried to push it down, he knew the intrusive thought would persist. Paired with the genuine sincerity in Jaemin's voice...

Renjun looked up with determination, taking Jaemin's hand.

"Deal."