Sickeningly Sweet

"Fuck he's pretty," Donghyuck's eyes went wide as Jeno and Jaemin dragged the unknown person. Even Renjun felt a bit flustered just seeing the guy from afar, and it didn't help that the three of them walking together made Renjun feel incredibly self conscious cause hot damn, they looked like greek gods.

Not three, two. Jaemin was pretty though.

Okay fuck that, of course Jaemin was gorgeous, but like hell he'd admit it to him.

Renjun and Donghyuck turned to one another, both with wide eyes as the rest of the guys sat down at their table. The guy smiled at them, Donghyuck immediately grabbing Renjun's hand and shaking him slightly.

"This is Mark from my comp classes," Jaemin pointed to the guy. As the name clicked in Renjun's brain, Donghyuck sat up, offering a hand to him.

He smiled at him, "hi, I'm Donghyuck."
Mark chuckled, taking his hand and shaking it, "Hi, Donghyuck."
As Donghyuck stared at Mark in a complete dumbstruck daze, Jaemin sent Renjun a silent look, as if asking for permission to sit down with the rest of them. Renjun bit his lip, nodding subtly. He couldn't just shoo Jaemin away, it would look even more suspicious. Not to mention, Mark was Jaemin's friend, not Jeno's or his or Donghyuck's. And if Donghyuck was to keep quiet then keeping Jaemin here was the best idea for him. The cards were in his favour.
Jaemin's eyes lit up slightly in a way Renjun couldn't really ignore. With a grin Jaemin sat down beside Mark, making sure that he was between himself and Jeno. Renjun sent him a small thankful smile, glad that he was sticking to the plan like intended.

"So you're a musician?" Donghyuck asked Mark eagerly, resting his chin in his hands like a lovesick middle school girl.
Mark chuckled awkwardly, eyes darting over to Jaemin. "uh, I'm studying to be a film music producer," he explained, pursing his lips in discomfort as he finished his sentence.
Renjun wacked Donghyuck's side, the younger boy wincing harshly. "What the hell was that for?"
"You're scaring him," Renjun scolded, rolling his eyes.
Jeno chuckled, "Renjun, if you roll your eyes anymore at him, they might get stuck."
"It's a myth, Lee, it's fine," Renjun stuck his tongue out at him jokingly, "means I can be endlessly disappointed in him."
Donghyuck frowned, headbutting Renjun's shoulder in despair as the rest of the guys laughed, Mark slowly letting his shoulders relax.

Feeling bad for possibly making Mark feel more awkward if he was directly addressed again, he turned his attention to Jeno. "How come you don't bring new people, hm?"
Jeno narrowed his eyes at him before breaking into a smile, knowing that he couldn't even try to be mad at Renjun. He sighed quietly, leaning back on his hands, "why should I? It's not like I need to bring new people when I have you guys." He smiled sunnily, glancing around. He sat up abruptly as he made eye contact with the newcomer. "Not that Mark hyung is bad or anything, you're cool and I wanna keep you-"
"Yeah I got that."
"But like," Jeno huffed loudly, "I think I'm okay." He grinned before looking directly into Renjun's eyes with a soft look that made the older boy's heart flip. "I have you, Injun, aren't you good enough to be my person?"
Renjun smiled to himself, inhaling sharply as he tried to not flush deeply, "I guess I'm okay."
Jeno grinned, leaning over to Renjun and ruffling his hair fondly. Jeno always treated him like he was younger than him, his baby, and Renjun wasn't going to lie when he said he loved every moment of it. He loved when Jeno showed him any sort of affection.

Besides it was better than Donghyuck aggressively flirting with him, you know?

Mark furrowed his eyebrows, looking over to Jeno for a moment before turning to Jaemin. "I thought you were dating Jeno, or did I hear wrong? Sorry if I-"
"No no no," Jaemin cut him off with wide eyes, glancing panickedly at Jeno. His eyes darted over to Renjun, "I mean like-um- you know-"
"He is," Renjun cut in, catching himself before it came out too harshly. Even if Jaemin and him had their truce and plan, it didn't mean that Jaemin just stopped dating Jeno. It just meant he was distancing himself until Jeno decided it for himself. "I don't know why he's getting like that," Renjun added with a nod to Jaemin.
Jeno furrowed his eyebrows, frowning slightly as Jaemin glanced back with a guilty smile.

Donghyuck glanced over at Renjun, sending him a harsh look before trying to save JenJaem from destroying their relationship then and there. "They're one of the cutest, sweetest, most vomit worthy couples in the entire universe, Marko man."
Mark chuckled quietly, Donghyuck unconsciously sighing at the sound of Mark's laughter. As Renjun stifled his laughter, Mark nodded. "Really?"
Clearing his throat, Renjun nodded in response, "they're sickeningly sweet."
Both Jeno and Jaemin glanced down, a faint blush dusting Jeno's cheeks pink as Jaemin laughed quietly. He looked up at Renjun, the boy staring at Mark with a forced smile. In his peripheral vision he watched Jaemin's face fall slightly.

Mark chuckled, "that's so weird cause honestly Jaemin doesn't really talk about Jeno that much."
Jeno blinked, looking over at Mark, "what?"
The elder boy shrugged, not thinking too much about what he had said in contradiction to what had come out of Donghyuck and Renjun's mouths. "That's why I had to double check, not gonna lie."
"Ah, Jaemin just probably wanted to save your ears," Renjun chuckled, waving his hand dismissively as he watched Jeno's expression slowly get gloomier the more Mark spoke. He silently sent curses toward the eldest of the lot for putting them in this situation. And to think, Mark was supposed to be the cool, hot, new guy. Seems like this guy just was really oblivious if anything.

Jaemin glanced at Renjun before nodding rapidly, "yeah, you probably don't need to hear me ramble about my boyfriend, you know."
Renjun sighed quietly in relief as Jeno broke into a smile. Jaemin still acknowledged Jeno as his boyfriend. As his love. While it stung Renjun's heart a bit, Jeno's smile seemed to patch it up real quick. As long as Jeno was okay, he guessed he could defend Jeno and Jaemin's relationship a bit.

Slowly they managed to work past the tension, Donghyuck being real good at roping them in various conversations with him while Renjun stole glances at Jeno, Jeno stole glances at Jaemin, and Jaemin stole glances at Renjun.