When the Spring Breeze Passes

"Oh...oh no"

Renjun pursed his lips, looking back and forth between Jaemin and Jeno who were sat opposite him. So that's what that was. That's why he was so upset. Both of them were fucking with his head in the same way.

Jaemin chuckled along with something Jeno said and Renjun's heart flipped against his will.

Jeno smiled brightly as he told Jaemin something and Renjun flushed despite him not wanting to.

He was sat at a table with the two of them by himself once again and instead of thinking about how lonely and annoyed he was he was too busy wallowing in his horrifying realisation that maybe, just maybe, he liked both of them. That the feelings of hatred were just there to shade the fact that he was just a tiny bit whipped for Jaemin, and that seeing them together didn't upset him but rather the fact that neither of them paid attention to him, and not in the way he'd like.

He fell for the fucking couple. Out of all the damn people in the world he fell for Romeo and Juliet.

"Noooo," Renjun whined in a high pitched sound, letting his head fall to the table in despair. At least they were sat at a table so Renjun wouldn't be busy trying to become a mole and bury himself in a hole in the floor. Why oh why did the gods hate him so much? Maybe he should cut down his meat consumption, he wouldn't know. Sacrifice Donghyuck to gods, maybe that might do the trick.

His complained sound unfortunately caught the attention of the other two at the table and Renjun wished just for a brief moment it would go back to the way it was.

Except Jaemin would still notice. Because Jaemin always fucking notices, doesn't he.

"You okay, Jun?" Jaemin tilted his head at him. Renjun looked up at him with a pitiful gaze, feeling 500 years of age just pass by. Jaemin gave him a small look, Renjun dismissing the look as he knew Jaemin was asking whether he should leave. If anything that was completely against what Renjun wanted. He wanted them both to just stay there so he could wallow in his misery while simultaneously admiring something he never really appreciated.
A couple. In love. That he kinda sort of really wished he was a part of.
"I'mmmm fiinneeeee," Renjun dragged, sighing heavily at the end of his sentence.
Jeno furrowed his brows at him, "are you sure? You look a bit sadder than usual."
"Oh no, it's nothing, I'm just casually dying inside cause I spoke to Donghyuck a few days ago about the wrong thing apparently." "No seriously. I'm okay." He gave them both the best smile he could muster, which ended up being the most dead looking smile he had ever given anyone in his entire life. Jeno chuckled slightly through his noticeable worry while Jaemin bit his lip a bit, inspecting the boy's look.

"Sup fuckers," Donghyuck dropped his container of soup, it spilling through the edges of the lid and container as it landed. He looked at it for a moment before sighing to himself. "You had...one job." He plopped himself down beside Renjun before taking off the lid of his container and lifting up in the air. He pointed at it accusingly, "be better."

"...Hi Donghyuck, how are you?" Jeno snorted, flicking his wrist toward him in confusion.
Donghyuck laughed excessively, making everyone feel just a tad uncomfortable before he slapped Renjun's back, the elder boy jumping. "I'm..so...fucking...tired."
"...seems legit," Jaemin shrugged before shoving a fry in his mouth.
"Great job," Mark added as he sat down beside Donghyuck, Renjun and him shuffling down the seat so they weren't so cramped up.
"I worked a shift til like 11 yesterday and then had to wait for a bus for 40 minutes cause the fucking night system and then submitted a paper due at 9 pm at 5 am and then had to wake up at 6am for an 8am class cause I'm dumb and decided to take one." Donghyuck inhaled deeply before scrunching his face in agony, Renjun, Mark and Jaemin wincing slightly as they felt the boy's pain. "So where do they hire strippers again?"

Jeno and Mark broke into giggles while Jaemin smiled and shook his head. Renjun shook his head in disappointment, staring at the younger boy with a dead expression.
"...I mean I got the calves for it."
"..."
"I could break a man's skull with my thighs, just watch me."
"..."
"People wish they could see me naked."
"Stop," Renjun waved his hands in the air as the other unhelpful pieces of shit laughed. "Stop talking or I'll fuckin evicerate you."
"Sounds kinky, I'm in," Donghyuck grinned, resting his head in his hand.
Renjun shut his eyes, rubbing his temples for a moment of pure misery before clarifying. "It means to disembowel. Tear the organs out of you." He leaned closer to Donghyuck's face, "Carefully." He came nose to nose with the younger, sneering at him. "Intricately."
Donghyuck stared back at him for a moment, glaring with equal intensity as he was being presented with before clicking his tongue. "Still sounds kinky."
Renjun leaned back, frowning at the boy as he eyed him up and down in disgust. "...what the fuck are you into?"
"You'd love to know, wouldn't you?" Donghyuck winked at him in response, smirking a bit as Renjun gagged beside him. This, ladies and gentlemen, was his best friend.
"I hate you," Renjun groaned, rubbing his face in despair and turning back to the two opposite him.

He sighed, only to look up and make eye contact with Jaemin looking at him with a fond smile, his face going slightly red as they continued to stare at one another. He sunk his face into his arms on the table, eyes darting toward Jeno instead to try to stop himself. Jaemin and Jeno were dating. Jeno and Jaemin didn't like him like that.

"Hyuck," Jeno added as he swallowed his food, not noticing anything around him as per damn usual. "You're built like a napkin, what do you mean you could be a stripper?"
Donghyuck clicked his tongue, "Yo, I said stripper not pole dancer."
Jaemin raised an eyebrow, eyeing the boy from top to bottom. "No one would wanna see that, I assure you."
"How would you know? Huh?" Donghyuck challenged the boy before him. "You wouldn't fucking know." Renjun chuckled quietly as he watched Jeno's eyes dart between the two with a grin, looking very invested in the drama.
Jaemin smirked, "11th grade camp in Jeju, we shared a room. You forgot to lock the door and we made eye contact." He gave him a sly smile, "I know everything." Donghyuck turned bright red as Jaemin looked at Mark and started to laugh. "He's tiny."
"I mean, that's expected," Jeno laughed, Renjun noticing Mark's face going slightly red as he laughed himself. He almost spat his food out as Mark glanced down at Donghyuck's lower half, inhaling deeply to stop himself.

Donghyuck slammed his hands down on the table. "Hey, I'm probably bigger than Renjun."
"Don't fucking bring me into this," Renjun's face dropped as he snarled at the younger boy, Donghyuck immediately recoling in his seat. He turned back, semi yelling back at the three other guys for being pricks while Renjun just continued pouting in his seat.

Renjun sighed, not wanting to participate in the conversation. He carefully took his headphones out his pocket, subtly plugging them in and slipping the earbuds into his ear, letting himself just sit and drown in the lyrics of "Spring Breeze" by Wanna One, wishing his brain was just built slightly differently for the sake of his heart.