Conversations with the Sun

Renjun poked Donghyuck's puffed out cheeks, the younger boy's eyes slowly and quite dramatically going wide. He giggled as Donghyuck turned his head toward him before the boy pounced on him, Renjun laughing and yelling at him as he was attacked. At least he had come back to his senses after spacing out the entire time Renjun was talking to him. He had looked like there was a lot on his mind. Renjun just wanted him to be a bit alright, get his mind out of its spiral for a bit, but it hadn't worked for a few minutes now. At least now, even if he was writhing on the bed as he was attacked, Donghyuck didn't look as death-wishful as he had.

The two laughed, Donghyuck shaking Renjun in his last moment before falling onto his chest. He chuckled to himself and snuggled himself on Renjun. The older male chuckled, just accepting the affection he got and patting his head. Donghyuck was one of the very very very few people Renjun accepted or gave physical affection to in any form. The other's were Jeno and Jisung. He'd put up with Chenle's only some of the time. Quite frankly though, if he didn't accept Donghyuck's hugs they'd be screwed since it was essentially Donghyuck's main love language and Renjun would be permanently uncomfortable for the rest of his life. So he put up with the hugs and kisses he got, it was fine anyways.
Recently he had been getting used to Jaemin's affection though. He didn't fight it much now, Jaemin was quite a comfortable person to be around.

"What's on your mind, Hyuckful?" Renjun combed his fingers through the younger male's hair, Donghyuck sighing slightly in response.
"I feel weird," Donghyuck rolled on to his back, his head slowly crushing all of Renjun's internal organs causing him to groan slightly. Big headed bitch. Nevertheless Renjun still asked what was wrong through his mild pain. Donghyuck shrugged slightly, staring at the posters on his ceiling. "I feel weird around Mark."
"How so," Renjun asked, smirking to himself as Donghyuck pouted.
"I get...like a weird feeling in my chest...in my stomach...like..."
"Butterflies? Fireworks?" Renjun grinned to himself.
Donghyuck frowned for moment before giving a curt nod in agreement. "I get, like, warm on my face. And it just feels really flippin weird." Symptoms lined up, Donghyuck probably thinking he had some allergic reaction to Mark.

"My friend," Renjun snorted, sitting up slightly and letting Donghyuck's head fall onto his lap, "I think you have a crush on him."
Donghyuck's eyes seemed to widen for a moment, Renjun smiling to himself for a bit before the Donghyuck shook his head adamantly. "No."
Renjun's face fell slightly, "Why no?"
"That..." Donghyuck gulped, getting up off Renjun and sitting up right. "That's not right. I'm not supposed to like him."
Renjun snorted, shaking his head a bit with a laugh. "Feelings can't be helped. You've said that to me before. Why not?"

Donghyuck looked back at him, his expression making Renjun feel very uncomfortable very quickly. That sad sombre look again, the one Renjun couldn't understand for the life of him. Donghyuck looked so uncertain of his movements and his feelings and all Renjun could really do was stare back with an equal amount of uncertainty.
"I'm supposed to like someone else. I like someone else." Donghyuck stated, gulping a bit after.
Though it was news to him, Renjun shrugged, "so?"
Donghyuck furrowed his brows for a moment, cocking his head at Renjun as if trying to examine his brain. Not being able to hold his gaze anymore as Donghyuck analysed parts of soul he never confronted, he looked away. There wasn't anything wrong with what he had said but now Donghyuck was making him feel stupid.

After a few more moments of awkward silence Donghyuck shook his head dismissively. He laughed to himself before sighing deeply, resting his body weight on his arm, smiling sweetly up at Renjun. "It doesn't matter. Don't worry." He tilted his head back a bit, flicking Renjun's knee. "How about you? How's your 'Ruin Jaemin's Life Completely' plan going?"
Renjun rolled his eyes, moving himself a bit so he could cross his legs and hide the fact that he was swallowing down a bit of guilt. Though these days when was he not trying to hide his guilt. "Uh stressed but yeah."

"Why?" Donghyuck asked lazily, flicking his wrist toward him.
"Well firstly, we have semester exams," Renjun pointed out, Donghyuck groaning in despair despite them only having a few days left before they ended. "Don't remind me of that. I meant what else."
Renjun chuckled a bit before sighing, "And, you know, I thought I was losing something to Jaemin and that he's messing with my mind and now both of them are messing with my mind but like what if they aren't, but also isn't Jaemin supposed to be a prick but he's also really sweet and cute and like I got close to Jeno and almost kissed him I think I'm not too sure but I felt so bad about it that I didn't even though Jaemin has told me to try and go for it but the guilt is getting to me but these two keep doing laps in my brain and it feels weird but nice but definitely weird and yeah." Renjun nodded, finally inhaling and thinking he hit everything before snapping his fingers. "I also almost got crushed to death at work cause three entire hardback Lord Of The Rings collections fell on me but I'm okay."
Donghyuck blinked at him for a moment before gradually nodding. "...Jun you overthink so much I think your overthinking overthinks."
"Damn, what gave you that impression?" Renjun looked back at him exasperatedly.

Donghyuck laughed a bit before flopping back on his bed with full force onto Renjun thighs, Renjun wincing in pain. This guy really had no concept of personal space. "Jaemin asked you to kiss Jeno?"
Renjun nodded, his brain casting him back to that strange conversation he had a while ago.

"Come again?" Renjun had looked back with wide eyes. Jaemin nodded mindlessly as he took a sip of his drink. "Mm, you should try."
Renjun blinked blankly, his mouth slightly agape as Jaemin placed his ice tea down. The younger male had looked back at him in complete seriousness and Renjun had never felt so awkward in his life. Though it was actually becoming a common occurrence lately with how damn bold Jaemin and Jeno both were as well as their complete lack of awareness. "Jeno's a good kisser as well," Jaemin raised his brows with a smirk, leaning his arms on the table and taking another sip of his drink.
"...congrats?" Renjun shrugged, not really knowing what to say. He'd imagined it before, don't get him wrong, but it was weird to vocalise.
Jaemin just rolled his eyes, "Just try. Who knows what could happen."

Yet, despite with Jaemin's blessing, when he was later presented with the opportunity, he recoiled away in fear and panic. "Having coffee with Jaemin is just a series of horrible life decisions at the end of the day," Renjun chuckled, leaning back into the pillows behind him.
Donghyuck turned his head to him, quirking an eyebrow. "Doesn't seem like it."
"Oh?" Renjun snorted.
Donghyuck nodded slowly, a cheeky looking smile on his lips, "you actually look quite happy about Jaemin. Do you not like Jeno anymore hmmmmm?"
"What?" Renjun grabbed the pillow beside him and wacking Donghyuck's chest, Donghyuck laughing a bit harder. Renjun's face had deepened in colour as he mumbled, "trust me, I wish I didn't like him anymore."
"Oh you're never gonna get a wish like that," Donghyuck snorted, taking the pillow and tossing it up in the air.
"Yeah," the elder boy sighed, a small smile coming on to his face, "but maybe I can get a different wish."