Games

Renjun pushed Chenle's hands with all his strength, though very little, as the young boy tried to grab his phone again. Chenle sighed once more as he tried to get around the working boy, Renjun slowly shifting his phone further and further away on the table.
After a little while, Renjun finally lost it, kicking Chenle's chair as hard as he could, causing Chenle to fall on his side and groan in pain. Renjun's upper body strength may have been shit, but he'd been dancing for a century, he had more than enough strength to crush Chenle's skull with his thighs.

"That's not fair," Chenle whined, shuffling himself up with his chair. He put it back upright before slumping on to it, sighing loudly and pulling on Renjun's arm.
Renjun huffed, violently shrugging the boy off his shoulder, "Shut up and do your homework, you have to go back in like 5 minutes anyway."
"To do what exactly, stack more books?" Chenle rolled his eyes, slumping down on the desk as he looked at his cousin.
Renjun furrowed his brows, "...obviously?"
Chenle pouted further, "Well I don't wanna!"
"Then find a new job for fucks sake!" Renjun slammed his hands down on the table, ready to commit a crime against a minor. Then again, it was kinda his fault Chenle worked there as well.

Renjun had the privilege of working in a small pop culture store a few blocks away from the university he went to, the store filled to the brim with comics and manga and figurines. Well, he said privilege, but in reality it wasn't as fun as he had hoped. He sucked at customer service and wasn't tall enough to reach the top most shelves of the bookshelves by himself. The only real privilege he had was that he got a discount on all the supplies, including some of the themed art supplies. They were, for the most part, shit quality, but also who wouldn't want to have a discount on stupid Pikachu themed paint palette.
Another perk was that Jeno would occasionally come in to find comics during Renjun's shift, silently keeping him occupied to help him destress for a little while. Renjun could never be more grateful for him and his addiction.

He was a decent enough employee though that when Chenle wanted work and casually slipped Renjun's name into his resume, they took him in with ease. Renjun also was scolded by his parents to make sure to say nice things only about his cousin or else he'd get it so much worse. In times like this though, he really questioned which one was worse. Getting hit by a slipper at worst or having a demon filled chicken peck at you as you try and complete work that was due about a century ago? He sometimes wished he chose the slipper.

"It's no fairrrrr," Chenle continued to whine. This kid had managed to fill almost ten full minutes of his break with his complaining. A horrible horrible skill the young boy had. "Why do I have to work and Jisung doesn't?"
"You didn't have to, you chose to," Renjun mumbled back, running his eyes over the words he had written, hoping that everything was at least a bit comprehensible with Chenle's loud ass chattering in the background.
As he sighed to himself, erasing parts of what he had written and looking back up at him laptop, Chenle groaned for the 100th time that day. "Oh really?"
Renjun dropped his pen, looking back at him with a blank expression. "Yes. Yes you did. You complained about wanting to buy things with a discount as well, then followed me here. IT WAS ENTIRELY YOUR CHOICE."

Chenle broke into laughter, leaning his head on Renjun's shoulder and glancing at Renjun's work. Renjun looked over for a moment before returning to his work, finally in silence. He did, however, absentmindedly patted Chenle's face in acknowledgement, as one should when busy. As he worked through his essay, Chenle silently grabbed Renjun's phone, succeeding for once. Renjun huffed but had given up, letting the boy just do what he wanted. As long as he didn't steal his back account details or something. Not that Chenle needed to.

After Renjun had given his thumb in sacrifice of his phone's security, Chenle lazily spoke up. "How much time do I have?"
"Like, three minutes," Renjun glanced at the time before going back to writing and typing.
Chenle nodded, rolling his head back a little on Renjun's shoulder. "Hyuck hyung texted."
"What'd he say?"
"Something about a guy named Mark I think." Chenle shrugged, replying back to what seemed to be Renjun's mother when his phone pinged again. "He also says that you're still a cruel little bitch for- what did you do to Jaemin hyung?"
"Huh?" Renjun's head perked up, snatching his phone from Chenle and glancing at the text.

Annoying Ass ChocoBall 🍫👾
- ur daily reminder that ur a cruel lil bitch for what ur doing to jm
- whore

Renjun quickly deleted the message so Chenle would shut up, tossing the phone on to the table. "You have to go soon, don't you?"
"What are you doing to Jaemin hyung?" Chenle furrowed his brows at him, pressing further into Renjun's conscience.
"Nothing, I'm doing nothing," Renjun waved off, trying to look back at his work as his soul pushed tidal waves through his chest.
Chenle sighed, glancing back at the time before pulling himself out of his seat. He shut his books, Renjun gulping as the younger boy slid his books into his bag. He zipped it up, placing it close to Renjun's seat.

He moved away, clasping his hands on Renjun's shoulders instead of going back just yet. Renjun jumped before quietly looking up to see Chenle's genuinely intimidating stare. "You better not be pulling bullshit, Jun."
"I told you I'm not," Renjun snapped back although he bit down on the inside of his lip. Chenle bent down to meet eye to eye with the older boy, glare piercing through his heart.
"Jaemin hyung's a good person, he doesn't deserve more shit," Chenle stood up properly, "I'll see ya in a bit." He nodded before walking away and returning to his shift.

As another employee walked in, Renjun snapped his laptop shut, no longer in mood to even try and work. He quietly packed his stuff up, hoping to catch Jaemin soon. He didn't know what to tell him though. He just wanted to talk at this point.