Trial and Execution

Renjun didn't know just how long in his miserable life he had been vicariously living through dramas, but it's not like anything could stop him at this point. There was something pleasant about watching people fall in love with one another, something that, though he feared he'd never had in real life, always warmed him up inside. He'd definitely love to see more queer stories, of course, especially closer to his character, but he took what he could get.

For now though, he'll live vicariously through action dramas, since it was more appropriate for a public setting. Being a villain in a movie was always a dream of his anyway.

He tapped his feet together as he sat as comfortably as he could on the bench, dipping his spine into the wood behind him as the character hacked their way through security systems. He momentarily paused the show, quickly checking the time before resuming.
Biting his lip, he internally rolled his eyes as he watched. He was late again. If he really wanted this plan to work out he really needed to buy a watch or something. Maybe Renjun could passive aggressively gift him one for his birthday or something.

As loud noises coming through his headphones caused him to focus his attention on the small screen before him, a presence greeted him beside him. "The Guardians?"
Renjun turned his head briefly to acknowledge the brunette before looking back at his phone, "yeah."
The boy leaned over, taking a glance at the screen. Renjun sighed, reluctantly turning his phone on an angle so that Jaemin could see. Jaemin smiled at him, nodding to Renjun as a thank you sign.

"Have you watched it before?" Jaemin quietly mumbled as he watched the action scenes before him.
Renjun shrugged, taking out his earbud, "I think this is my third time?"
Jaemin nodded, looking slightly impressed, "that good?"
The older boy nodded, humming in response as he turned his attention to the screen. He knew they'd have to talk, that's the whole damn reason Renjun had called him. But it was nice to finally have Jaemin's silence. Every time he had met him with Jeno, the two wouldn't stop yapping to each other. With a lack of a Jeno, Jaemin was quiet and Renjun wanted to savour every last drop.

Jaemin sighed softly to himself, letting his head fall on Renjun's shoulder, startling the boy slightly. He glanced down as Jaemin's eyes trained on the characters moving on the screen, smiling to himself slightly in spite of himself. Because there was a small sliver of him that still cared though.
He hated to admit to himself, but there was just a small smidgen of him that found Jaemin absolutely adorable. He'd love to express his distaste toward the boy out loud, he could describe loathing him in immense detail if given the opportunity. But one day he knew he'd have to face the fact that Jaemin was just sort of loveable. He hated it, he absolutely despised the fact that Jaemin was that to him, and just a fraction of his cold dead heart really did like to be friends with him. But after so much time spent mentally crushing the younger boy with a mortar and pestle, it would just feel wrong to give into that.

He knew that his mentality flipped, he bathed in the silence but still worried where the water came from. If only his brain wasn't so clumsy and Jaemin hadn't taken his last shot at love away from him.

Renjun glared hard past his phone, making his head go back to the factory settings they were in previously, the lovely feeling of disgust over Jaemin flooding through his brain once again.

Just before he melted the ice.

Nice save.

Jaemin nuzzled into his shoulder, "Key's so cool, isn't he Injunnie."
Renjun clicked his tongue, "I told you not to call me that."
He watched as Jaemin looked up at him, hallucinating a tiny sliver of light fading in his eyes, at least he was pretty sure it was a hallucination. Jaemin's eyes flickered down as he mumbled out an apology. Stupid of Jaemin to think he would really be friends with him. Renjun knew that deep in Jaemin's bones, he knew that Renjun was just itching to get rid of him.

Renjun sighed heavily, pausing the drama and turning his head down to the boy resting on his shoulder. "Jaemin, are you trying to sabotage me?"
Jaemin slowly lifted his head, looking back at him in confusion, "what?"
"Are you fucking with me, cause honestly I will not hesitate to castrate your f-"
"Woah," Jaemin chuckled, shaking his head at the smaller male, "why the hell would I do that?"
"Cause you're an ass crack hair who wants me dead probably," Renjun thought as he bit down on his lip. He turned his body to face Jaemin, sliding his phone into the bag between his legs. "Cause Jeno told me you're being a prick to him."
A look of hurt shot across Jaemin's eyes and for a second Renjun's heart dropped, scared he went too far. The younger boy furrowed his brows, shaking his head, "I'm-I'm not trying to..."

Renjun huffed deeply. Of course Jaemin didn't know, too far in his damn head to notice the things wrong with his own damn boyfriend. Though he had to give him credit for remembering the plan, he just really needed to learn execution.
He ran his hand through his hair, "Less time, Jaemin, not none at all."
Jaemin's eyes went wide for a moment as it clicked, causing Renjun to roll his eyes once again, the ever famous habit that came along with Jaemin's existence. "He's getting suspicious, Na, use your head."
Jaemin frowned for a moment, "but then you'll get less time with him."
Renjun sighed deeply, waiting for some omnipotent entity to come shoot him, "I'm fine with less time Jaemin, I actually want this to work."

Jaemin's eyes lit up ever so slightly, Renjun swallowing sharply in response as a bullet of guilt shot itself through his heart. Not the kind of shot he was hoping for.
He watched Jaemin nod his head with a smile, "yeah, yeah, okay, just tell me what to do."

Renjun bit his lip, furrowing his brows. "Jaem, you need to tell me. I'm not the one who came up with this."

Jaemin laughed, shaking his head and lightly tapping it as if he was an idiot, which he sort of was in Renjun's eyes. "Oh, yeah, sorry, my bad."

"JUNNIE!"

Both boys looked up as Donghyuck waved at them. Renjun nodded toward him with a smile going to stand up before Jaemin grabbed his arm. He looked down, the younger boy looking up at him with his infamous pretty galaxy eyes, "I'll text you then."
Renjun nodded slowly, waiting for Jaemin to release his arm before he took his bag and hopped up to his friend.