oddness

"Hey baby!"

Renjun narrowed his eyes at Donghyuck waving from his kitchen, hand still on the door knob. He had bolted straight to Donghyuck's place assuming that's where he'd be, but apparently not. So he went home to quickly grab a few things before calling Donghyuck again. This now showed to be unnecessary though as it seemed that Donghyuck had hijacked his own house.

"You don't even live here, what?" Renjun shut the door behind him. He looked to Jisung on the couch, the younger boy shrugging himself. Granted, Jisung didn't live there either, but he guessed that he was used to him constantly there than Donghyuck being there.
Donghyuck grabbed the tray off of the table, showing its contents with a grin. "Chenle and I seared meat," he said proudly.
Renjun blinked with a blank expression. "...what."
Chenle came out of the kitchen, bouncing around before pirouetting next to Donghyuck. He gestured with pride at the plate of cooked meat cuts. "We made it together. We are now beef brothers."
Donghyuck aggressively moved his arm around Chenle's shoulders, bringing him to his side. "We are sustenance comrades," he said, deepening his accent into who knows what. Chenle mirrored his actions, both now staring into the distance stoically with a plate of meat.

Renjun turned blankly back to Jisung, confused beyond his years as Donghyuck and Chenle just stood like characters in a World War II propaganda poster.
Jisung just shook his head, "I don't know. I got here and they were chanting about bread."
Renjun just slowly nodded. Obviously these two got along well with how strange they were but Renjun was still very thrown off by all of it.  It had been a few months though since he had seen both Chenle and Donghyuck in the same room, so he guessed he just forgot how unsettling it was. Only now was he starting to realise how old he was, time was going by too fast. Now was not the time to have a mid life crisis though.

"I'll plate it with Jisungie!" Chenle declared all of a sudden, spooking both Jisung and Renjun. The boy broke away from Donghyuck and ran over to Jisung lying on the couch, tugging on his arms to pull him up. Jisung broke into a smile, letting himself be pulled up and dragged to the kitchen. Donghyuck grinned watching the two dash off.

He closed the sliding door that separated the kitchen and the living room before waddling over to Renjun. The elder chuckled as he was grabbed by the hands and dragged over to the couch. They landed down on the cushions, laughing a little before settling down a bit better.
"That didn't take you long to get here," Donghyuck furrowed his brows at him but Renjun could see the underlying smirk in his expression which made him roll his eyes.
"Not for your meat of any kind," Renjun snapped, causing Donghyuck to burst into fits of laughter. Renjun bit his lip, before mumbling "I was avoiding meat" under his breath.
Donghyuck snorted, "Jaemin? Man's is bold as fuck for doing shit while with Jeno."
"That's the thing," Renjun turned his head slowly to Donghyuck, "it was Jeno."
Donghyuck's jaw dropped before it curled into a mischievous looking smile. "Oh that's interesting."

"You don't look so surprised," Renjun quirked an eyebrow. Donghyuck was Jeno's confidant for a while, he probably did know something.
Donghyuck shrugged, "I may know, I may not. Who knows?"
Renjun knew. With that level of noticeability, of course Donghyuck knew something.
"I may know something about Mark," Renjun said casually, piquing Donghyuck's interest. "Maybe you'd like to trade?" In reality, Renjun knew nothing that Donghyuck didn't know, he just kind of wanted information cause it was still bothering him about what Jeno had done. Jeno hadn't fully gone back to who he was before his and Jaemin's 'kerfuffle', as Jaemin had dubbed it. It wasn't that Jeno was still hesitant around him, which is what he was expecting, but the complete opposite. He was being flirty and playful, more than usual, and it honestly freaked Renjun out. Jeno was always fun to be around, but he wasn't the kind of person who, oh you know, kissed their friends' jaws while lowkey trying to de-shirt them.

Basically, Renjun was terrified that maybe it worked. That Jeno no longer liked Jaemin and was now just kinda fucking around with him. He didn't like the idea of Jaemin being used like this, especially after witnessing the effects. He didn't want Jaemin to be upset, he didn't like Jaemin being upset.

There was also the other thought that maybe this was just a scheme by Jeno to get back at him. He would prefer it to be fair, Jeno getting pay back for what they had done. But still had the same problem of messing with Jaemin when he didn't deserve any of it. Jaemin shouldn't suffer for his sake, Jaemin just wanted to help. Renjun on the other hand wanted to ruin someone's life.

Donghyuck whipped toward Renjun, grabbing his shoulders, "what did Mark say?!" Renjun looked back, stunned, while Donghyuck just turned back abruptly, staring at his hands in shock. "Why did I do that?"
Renjun snorted, "wow, he really has stuck himself to your brain."
Donghyuck nodded before inhaling deeply. "...sticker looking bitch."
Renjun sighed, laughing a little before flopping over onto his lap. Now he felt a little bad for lying after that reaction so decided to dial back.  "I don't actually have anything though. Sorry."
"Rude. Well then I guess I don't have Jeno info," Donghyuck stuck his tongue out at him, Renjun scoffing in response.

They waited another few minutes on the couch, Renjun on his side now, scrolling on his phone. Donghyuck was doing the same, reading something or another on his phone while he played with Renjun's outgrown hair. They could both hear Chenle and Jisung laughing a little in the kitchen every now and then which put them in a good mood. The two tiny ones mucking around could put anyone in a happier mood to be fair.
Donghyuck glanced up at the door, "I'm glad those two sorted themselves out."
Renjun hummed in agreement, "took em long enough."
"Yeah," Donghyuck nodded. He clicked his tongue, "wow okay I need to actually make a move on Mark, I feel lonely."
"I fucking know right," Renjun huffed, turning his head to the door. He yelled out to the two, asking where the hell the food was. Jisung responded, chuckling a little as he told them that they'd be there in a bit, though 'a bit' was starting to feel like five hours.

"I'd expected you to be saltier," Donghyuck said snarkily, "you know, you and your feelings."
"Feelings?" Renjun turned his head to Donghyuck with widened eyes. He shook his head, turning back to his phone, "I don't feel emotions."
"...says the man who cried watching the Lion King yesterday."
"Shut up."

The kitchen door slammed open, gaining both of their attentions. "We bring MEAT!" Chenle declared, Jisung holding the plate of cut meat slices above his head, almost hitting the low roof.
He laughed bringing it back down before grabbing another plate on the counter beside them. "We also bring macaroni and cheese. Don't ask."
"Wasn't going to," Donghyuck said, rubbing his hands together as Chenle and Jisung brought out the food. Renjun lifted himself off Donghyuck's lap before both slid to the floor in front of the coffee table. Chenle threw them utensils and everyone just dug in, grabbing random foods and shoving them into their mouths. This is why Renjun ran, for good food. Donghyuck always knew how to cook steak cuts well. He had a gift and it was dealing with meat.

Probably why he was gay as well.

No.

Renjun looked up, seeing everyone digging into their food while chatting. Jisung and Chenle were poking at each other every now and then while Donghyuck was animatedly talking about something he watched. If all else failed, Renjun hoped this is at least the bare minimum he could keep. He liked this. He smiled, biting into another piece of steak. He liked his little family.