trust in love?

The crowd clapped as one of Jeno's teammates shot the ball into the hoop, it passing swiftly through. Renjun mindlessly clapped with the rest, looking around the court as the ball started moving again. It wasn't that he wasn't paying attention or anything, but for a person who did not play any sports he had no idea what was happening. The closest he'd ever really gotten to sport that wasn't obliged by high school p.e classes was anime, and what was he going to do with the likes of Free and Yuri on Ice? Yuzuru Hanyu is weeping because of his lack of knowledge.

"I don't understand what's going on," he mumbled to himself, watching the court intently with has hands clasped together in his lap.
Jaemin broke into quiet laughter beside him, "that's okay, we're here for Jeno anyway."
Renjun nodded, going back to watching the game. He looked at Jeno, the boy breathing a bit more heavily. He wiped the sweat trickling down his forehead, droplets tracing down his cheekbones, falling off his sharp jawline. He was practically shimmering at that point, the sunlight reflecting off his warm toned, glossed skin, dark eyes focused on the game, trained intensely on the ball. The uniform was loosely hung around his frame, sweat sticking the shirt to his back and moulding around his muscles. He clenched his fists a little, the veins in his hands becoming more prominent, running up his arms and toned glowing triceps.

Jaemin suddenly snapped his fingers in front of Renjun, causing the boy to snap out of his daze. Renjun quickly glanced up to the time, noticing that the first half was almost over. And he had just spent a good chunk of it just getting extremely flustered over how hot Jeno looked. He pursed his lips together, turning his head toward Jaemin who was busy trying to stifle his laughter. Renjun turned an even brighter red, burying his face into his hands. He really was no better than the girls closer to the court thirsting over all of the players.
Jaemin shuffled a little closer to him, taking his jacket off and placing it on Renjun's lap. This only made Renjun flush even more, huffing in despair and training his eyes on the floor.

"I know he's hot but there's no need for that," Jaemin teased, not really caring about anything and instead just throwing his arm around his shoulder.
Renjun rolled his eyes, narrowing his eyes at Jaemin. "There's no need for you to say anything, shut the fuck up."
"It's understandable though," Jaemin shrugged, "I didn't understand basketball either, why do you think I come here?"
"To support your fucking boyfriend," Renjun wacked his arm, his heart rate coming down now. 
Jaemin chuckled, nudging his head into Renjun's side.

Jaemin didn't move from where he was, resting his head on Renjun's shoulder and rambling on to him until the players came back on. Renjun's issue had settled by then but his embarrassment still hadn't, half assing responses and praying 15 minutes would be over fast.
Luckily it seemed that Jaemin's rambling managed to fill in the 15 minutes, even if Renjun was rarely contributing. Bless Jaemin's ability to talk today.  

They continued watching the game, Renjun slowly getting bits of the game even if he didn't understand positions. It was impressive though, watching these people with amazing reflexes and agility move across the court. They were all tall and well built guys, dashing around keeping their attention on not only the other players but a tiny orange ball. It was amazing and entrancing. No wonder people spent so much of their time watching the sport.

Renjun slowly raised his hand and turned Jaemin's face away, the younger boy bursting into quiet giggles. He broke into a small smile, shaking his head a bit but kept his eyes on the court. He could feel Jaemin staring at him ever since the game had started and had chosen to ignore it. He had hoped that maybe it was just for a short amount of time, but he kept going and he was honestly staring to make him feel shy so he turned him away. Jaemin just laughed though, instead just wrapping his arms around his waist and cuddling him again. He loved how clingy Jaemin was, he wished he embraced it a long time ago.  Renjun moved his arm around Jaemin, holding him to his chest as they both watched the game, Jeno passing off the ball to one of his team mates.

They watched the rest of the game like this, Renjun subconsciously running his fingers through Jaemin's hair, Jaemin snuggled into his side comfortably making commentary every now and then.

The last break before the final quarter came fast. Renjun was quite comfortable being cuddled with Jaemin, something that never failed to blow his mind. He looked at all the players walking off quickly, their coach talking to them a bit. Jeno looked up to where the two were snuggled up, Renjun giving him a smile and waving a little at him. Jeno looked back with sparkling eyes, smiling softly at them, waving a little back. He turned back as his teammate nudged him, gaining his attention back, but it didn't stop him from looking back every now and then, smiling kinda stupidly to himself in Renjun's opinion. The coach sent them all back to court, Jeno glancing back at Jaemin and Renjun once again grinning at them before jogging to his spot.

Once the whistle blew and the game set back into motion for the last time, Jaemin poked Renjun's side, making him jump.
He turned his head, resting his chin on Renjun's shoulder, "You look so pretty."
Renjun furrowed his eyebrows, "You okay?"
"I like how you look at him," Jaemin simply nuzzled closer, "you look pretty when you do."
Renjun pursed his lips a little, a guilt creeping up his chest as Jaemin got closer to him. Not that he didn't enjoy it, it's not like anyone would really notice where they were sat. But Jeno was right there, he didn't want to be a homewrecker all over again. It didn't matter that he knew Jaemin liked him or that he liked him too, it was wrong.

Jaemin placed a soft kiss on Renjun's neck. "You know I love you, right?" he mumbled against his skin, sending shivers down Renjun's spine.
Renjun immediately pulled away, placing at least a 20cm gap between them. He stared back at Jaemin with wide eyes, swallowing a little, the younger boy looking back with a hurt expression.
"Don't...don't do that," Renjun stuttered out, inhaling deeply to stop his heart from racing.
Jaemin bit his lip, "why?"
Renjun huffed, giving him a glare, "you know damn well why." He gripped the bench he was sat on, turning to face forward. "Besides," he glanced quickly in Jaemin's general direction before looking straight back at the court, "I-I...I don't like this...false hope." He sighed before he spoke, "my brain is stupid and will believe it."

Renjun kept his eyes trained on the floor, not wanting to look at either of them. He was fine admiring them from afar, cause Jeno playing basketball on a court many metres away couldn't hurt him, give him hope that maybe he would love him and Jaemin. Jaemin next to him could hurt him, could feed into the fantasy. He was supposed to keep distance, he wasn't supposed to be this close. He only agreed to come at Jeno's request, the fear of letting him down again. Now he was regretting everything, the feeling of Jaemin's lips on his neck still lingering around, infecting the rest of his skin.

Jaemin shuffled back toward him, leaning forward and looking back at him. "Do you trust me? Do you trust my love for you?"
Renjun bit his lip, staring into Jaemin's hopeful eyes. He gave a small nod. He did trust him.
Jaemin smiled at him a bit, "then that's all I need."

The buzzer rang out, signalling the end of the game. Renjun looked up, seeing Jeno's team had won by just a fraction, the people around them cheering. The small boy smiled, clapping with the rest of the crowd. The players of their faculty celebrated, the guys all high fiving and hugging one another in their exhaustion. Renjun stayed where he was as everyone did their thing, cheering, packing, the partners of the players going down to congratulate them.
He watched as one of Jeno's team mates, the one who had nudged him earlier, immediately get engulfed by his boyfriends. Taeyong and Dongyoung were grinning ear to ear at Jaehyun, congratulating him as they held him. Renjun knew them from his highschool, they had been together since forever. It only made him even more bitter. Why couldn't he have that?

Jaemin tugged Renjun's shirt, asking him to follow him. Renjun let him lead the way, Jaemin taking his hand and taking him down the steps to Jeno, the boy brightly smiling and waving at them. Renjun kept his eyes down, letting go of Jaemin's hand as they landed on the court. Jaemin went into Jeno's arms, kissing and congratulating him. Renjun simply sat down on the bench near them, avoiding looking at their cheerful faces, Jaemin speaking animatedly about how proud he was of Jeno while Jeno looked back at him in his dumb lovesick way.

Before he could occupy himself in some sort of way he heard Jeno yelp out his name. He reluctantly looked back at them, Jeno gesturing for him to come over to them.
Renjun shuffled his way up to them, giving him a thumbs up. "You did great."
Jeno snorted, "you don't even know what I did."
"Yeah," Renjun admitted. No use lying.
Jeno broke into laughter before pulling him closer to him and hugging him. "Thank you for coming though. I really appreciate it, my love."
Renjun simply pursed his lips together into a smile and rubbed his neck, hating how he felt about everything and wanting to crawl into a ball.