A Pile of Mulch

"Jaem- Jeno! Hi!" Renjun waved at the two of them, cursing under his breath. For the first damn time he just wanted to speak with Jaemin, and Jeno had to be there. Though, what did he expect. Jeno and Jaemin were practically glued to the hip, it would be stupid to think that that would completely change, even with the existence of their little conspiracy.

But...like...couldn't he have just let him have him for an hour?

Jeno waved back with a hell of a lot more enthusiasm than Renjun had given, making the older boy break into a grin. Jeno was just too loveable in the simplest of ways he guessed. Jaemin smiled at him as well, which was something he had surprisingly gotten used to. Who knew he would actually somewhat enjoy a Nana smile after all this time.

Before Jaemin could ask Renjun what he needed, a loud yell was heard from the campus causing all their heads to turn. Renjun almost instinctively rolled his eyes as he saw Donghyuck wincing in pain, clasping his hand over his arm as Mark practically died of laughter beside him.
"And there he is. The Chaos Bear," Jeno nodded solemnly, both Renjun and Jaemin grinning at the comment.
Renjun furrowed his brows as Donghyuck's megaphone ass self complained. "That was fucking uncalled for!" the boy screamed at the elder. Mark had to pause for a moment, bending into two as he laughed. The smaller of the lot could vaguely hear Mark mumbling about how it was entirely his fault, which it most likely was. Trust that absolute disaster to follow Donghyuck wherever he roamed.

Renjun shook his head with a smile before turning his attention to the two before him. While Jeno was busy being completely disappointed in their friend, Jaemin had caught Renjun's eyes, smiling even brighter than he had when Renjun turned to look at him. Jaemin's eyes were the dark, pretty kind, it was easy to drown yourself into their warmth. They were a really good indicator of his entire personality, a warm, pretty kind. Na Jaemin.
Jeno had the same sort of vibe, maybe with a little more energy at times. They reflected in his eyes as well, Jeno's eyes had the habit of being wondrous and sparkly. Renjun sometimes wondered what it would be like to get lost in something so captivating.

Renjun also sometimes wondered if his eyes were made of ice.

Mark giggled uncontrollably as Donghyuck huffed beside him, the two approaching the rest of them. "Does Donghyuck have a habit of being an idiot?"
Donghyuck's jaw dropped, smacking Mark's arm. "I didn't mean for it to happen like that!" he snapped.
Jaemin chuckled slightly, "What did he do this time?"
"What didn't he do is the real question," Jeno mumbled under his breath to Renjun causing the older boy to snort.
Mark turned his head slowly to Donghyuck with a thin lipped smile. ""I can totally jump over that gigantic pile of mulch, over the gap and onto the sidewalk!" he says, without any athletic ability." Mark shook his head before gripping it in frustration, "This fucker launched himself into the glass of the café I work at, head first."
Donghyuck smiled proudly, "I did make it though."
"Why dID YOU DO IT THOUGH?!" Mark yelped, laughing a little through his words.
"Why didn't you stop me, huh?" Donghyuck mocked, placing his hands on hips and wiggling his head at him jeeringly. Jaemin burst into laughter as the two continued to bicker.
"I wasn't aware I had to stop a grown ass man from hurling himself into a glass window! I'm surprised it didn't break," Mark sighed exasperatedly.

Donghyuck shrugged, moving himself next to Renjun, "To be fair," he gestured to his friend, "he is 90% of my impulse control."
Renjun puffed his cheeks before nodding solemnly, "..unfortunately." He walked out of Donghyuck's embrace up to Mark. He carefully took his hands before nodding at him. "Please take care of this absolute train-wreck when I am not there. He must be fed and watered and preferably kept on a leash."
"Yeah keep me on a leash, daddy," Donghyuck smirked.
Renjun visibly gagged, moving as far away from Donghyuck as possible, Jeno taking him into his arms as he died of laughter with Mark and Jaemin. Renjun shook his head in Jeno's chest, "I shouldn't have said anything."
Jaemin, who at least had the slight courtesy of hiding his laughter, patted Renjun's hair, "no you shouldn't have."

After a little bit more bickering and bantering, the five of them settled down on the grass, as gays do. No need for chairs and seats in this generation. Jeno shuffled closer to Jaemin, closing the small gap Jaemin had left between them. His eyes immediately darted toward Renjun but the older boy simply shook his head. He couldn't do anything anyways, he was watching from the beginning and, just like he had been reminding himself everyday for the past two years, Jaemin and Jeno were still dating. And honestly, these days, he couldn't care less whether Jeno and Jaemin sat close to one another. It was almost like he was okay with it.
Renjun shuffled himself further back, tuning himself into the conversation happening beside him to get over his aching heart. Obviously, he wasn't really okay with it. Their relationship still caused a bit of pain. His ice queen heart didn't even have the chance to thaw out but pain was fine. What else was he supposed to do? Squish himself between the two? Throw something at Jaemin? It would just make things worse.

"They just unnecessarily made them a couple," Donghyuck complained to Jeno. The boy really hadn't paid attention to the calamity that had happened between his boyfriend and his best friend but maybe his perceptive inability  was an advantage to the other two.
"Its a hetero thing probably," Jaemin shrugged, letting his head fall back on the tree stump behind him.
Renjun rolled his eyes, "Right, cause we all know men and women can't be friends."
Donghyuck suddenly pretended to swoon, smiling charmingly at Renjun, catching him off guard. He took Renjun's hand, "In that case, date me, we'll go against the odds. Fall for each other instead of some woman." He dramatically fell back on Renjun's lap, picking up a dandelion and placing it between his teeth before placing the back of his hand on his forehead. Jeno outwardly groaned with Renjun as Mark burst into loud laughter.
Renjun blinked at him for a moment before flicking the boy's palm. It didn't even make sense. They were both gay men. It wasn't going against any odds except Renjun's free will.
Donghyuck frowned, sitting up and turning his body toward Renjun, "Hey."
Renjun shook his head before pointing off to the side of them with furrowed brows. "...did you just forget that Nomin exists?"
Donghyuck pouted for a moment, weighing up his options. After a moment he clicked his tongue, shooting Renjun a look.
"Did you?"

Renjun's heart dropped. He glared at Donghyuck, though not as harsh as he would've liked as his eyes were too busy clouding themselves in guilt.
Maybe his heart really was ice.

Jaemin coughed, gaining everyone's attention as he chuckled slightly, "Calling him "daddy" and then asking him to date him? For shame, Donghyuck. You were supposed to be Mark compatible."
Donghyuck turned a deep red, whipping himself around to yell at the younger boy, yet he couldn't find anything to defend himself with.

Mark slowly turned his blushing face toward the rest of the boys, "to be what compatible?"
Jaemin, Jeno and Renjun burst into laughter at the expense of the other two, Renjun hoping that it would slowly drain the pent up uncomfortable feeling that had piled its way onto his heart. Laugh the pain away is usually what people were told to do, but it wasn't pain this time. That wouldn't stop Renjun from trying though. 

He really needed to talk to Jaemin.