The Final Part of Fallin

As Donghyuck slid behind him to his spot, Renjun spun on his knees in front of Donghyuck, picking himself up smoothly with the music. He could always place consistency in his dance. Although it was hard, it was fun, though why he and Donghyuck decided to choose The Boyz's version of Danger, and then proceed to make it even harder for themselves was a mystery to him. He didn't mind though, he felt almost as talented as them, but obviously he couldn't be some sort of Kpop idol even if he tried.

As the song hit its final note, he and Donghyuck hit their ending pose, huffing and puffing loudly as they desperately grabbed the oxygen in the air into their lungs.

"Fuck, I think that was the best rehearsal yet," Donghyuck gasped as he fell to the floor, wheezing slightly. Renjun nodded meekly, dropping to the floor in exhaustion. They had been practicing non stop for about an hour and a half, the song on loop with maybe one water break, trying to nail the performance. While Renjun was doing this more or less for the fun of it, Donghyuck was getting graded, so he wanted to do his best for his friend.

Donghyuck gasped, crawling dramatically toward his drink bottle. Renjun rolled his head over to him as Donghyuck wheezed through his make believe Sahara desert, desperately emptying the bottle of water in his mouth. Renjun chuckled, it turning into a slight cough as his lungs still hadn't quite recovered. It's not his fault he didn't exactly exercise on the regular.
"This," Donghyuck swallowed harshly as his breathing slowly returned to normal, "this is going to be fucking fantastic."
"Stop fucking swearing," Renjun sarcastically as he rolled his head back to the ceiling.
Donghyuck snorted before glaring at him, "no the fuck I will not."

Renjun chuckled, still quite dead to the world as Donghyuck stood up. He glanced over to him, "I'm gonna go head out, wanna come?"
Renjun sighed, shaking his head half-heartedly, "I need my blood to work properly which will take a while."
Donghyuck chuckled with a shrug as he grabbed his belongings. "Suit yourself, dude."

Renjun nodded as Donghyuck left the room, the door quietly shutting behind him as Renjun slowly breathed more easily. The room was suffocating him in the humidity, yet he couldn't bring himself up to go open a window, his arms weak and heavy.

"You know you're going to have to get up eventually?"

Renjun rolled his head to the door to see Jaemin smiling fondly at him. He knew Jaemin was one of the junior teachers for the small seven year old dance classes but he wasn't expecting him to be here at this hour, considering seven year olds probably wouldn't be out and about at 9:38 p.m..
Then again, with Jaemin spending less time with Jeno and not really having Mark around at this hour, Renjun guessed practicing and loitering in a familiar place would make sense.

Renjun sighed heavily, not wanting to move from his place on the floor, prompting Jaemin to chuckle and walk into the room. He opened one of the windows before walking over to Renjun and gesturing for the boy to grab his hand. Renjun blinked at him, not really wanting to get up from his state on the floor.

"Come on, Renjun," Jaemin swayed from side to side, making grabby hands at him that Renjun smiled at unconsciously.
With a deep sigh, he lazily lifted his arm up, Jaemin grabbing his hand and pulling him up with such a strength it made Renjun jump.
He looked back bewilderedly, staring at Jaemin's arms, "didn't know you were that strong, geez."
"I'm not. You're just light as hell," Jaemin chuckled, taking Renjun by the waist and picking him up with ease to prove his point. Renjun yelped slightly as he was momentarily lifted off the ground, tightly gripping Jaemin's shoulders in fear.

Jaemin broke into laughter, grinning brightly as he placed Renjun back down. The older male glared at him, punching his arm in defence as he clutched his chest. "You're a fucking rat."
"I felt like you didn't believe me," Jaemin chuckled softly, walking over to the speaker in the room. Renjun huffed, looking back at the younger boy with a small smile and fluttery heart. The issues with adrenaline, he just couldn't control his heart after being fuckin lifted mid air for no good reason.

He furrowed his eyebrows as soft music started playing through the room. An empty sounding piano piece with nostalgia dancing through the notes. A sombre sound, 'Scenery', a song the Renjun's stupid ARMY heart new from the first two notes. A song perfect for a quiet night in a lonely practice room.
He looked over to Jaemin, the boy swaying with closed eyes to the sound of V's deep voice, Renjun falling into a smile as the younger boy started to waltz around the room, dancing a lonely partner dance. Renjun chuckled softly as his eyes followed the brunette around the room, Jaemin himself smiling at Renjun's laughter.

Jaemin opened his eyes, smiling brightly at Renjun, the older boy's heart fluttering once again, only this time he couldn't blame it on adrenaline.
"Dance with me," Jaemin walked up to him, offering a hand to the boy as he approached.
"Hm?" Renjun blinked dumbly at him, taken back by the boy's request. It wasn't a strange request, it just felt out of the blue and now Renjun felt like Jaemin was just probably fucking with him.
Jaemin chuckled, gently taking Renjun's hand and bringing him close to his chest, letting him wrap his other arm around his waist. Renjun clasped Jaemin's hand tightly, holding it to his chest as they swayed to V's soft honey voice, the warmth of its depth cradling his heart as Jaemin danced around with it.

He took a shaky deep breath, looking up cautiously at his dance partner, "Jaem, what are we doing?"
"Dancing, Injunnie," Jaemin laughed softly, nuzzling into the crook of Renjun's neck making the poor boy's heart stutter again slightly. He wasn't going to lie, even if Jaemin was playing with him, he'd like to play along, get lost in whatever game it was and be crushed. Jaemin was just dreamy like that, he guessed, a hypnotic soul. Renjun, now more than ever, understood why Jeno fell so helplessly for him. At this point Renjun might fall for him too.

"I'm sorry," Jaemin pulled away from Renjun, him looking up at Jaemin in confusion and slight disappointment. Just when he was indulging himself. Jaemin pursed his lips, "I called you Injunnie again, I'm sorry."
Renjun's eyes widened for a moment before he burst into soft laughter, shaking his head slightly. "It's okay, Jaemin, I-I I no longer mind..." He shrugged, unconsciously stepping closer to him. Jaemin glanced down to his feet as he did so, his eyes brightening up slightly as he did so.
"Oh, that's- that's really good," Jaemin smiled subtly, Renjun regretting how his heart flipped in spite of his best interest.

Jaemin gently cupped Renjun's face, his thumb brushing gently across the elder boy's face that caused Renjun to simply melt in his spot. Jaemin's gaze honestly was of no help either, Renjun's heart might as well have jumped out of his body and thrown itself across the room, he really couldn't take it anymore.
Jaemin's arms felt like home. The most beautiful moment in life, in his life. Jaemin was a place he'd wish for when he was lost, what he'd love to take into his arms, through his chest and take over his entire left. Renjun would really, honestly, put Jaemin's embrace up there with Jeno's, a loving home he could dive head first into.

Jeno...

With a sharp swallow, Renjun pushed Jaemin away, ignoring how close Jaemin's lips were to his and instead being hyper aware of Jeno Lee.

You know...that guy...who Jaemin is dating.

Renjun coughed awkwardly, nodding his head as his face flushed. Jaemin scratched the back of his neck, avoiding all eye contact with Renjun which he couldn't be more grateful for.

"Cool."

"Yup."

"Wahoo."

"Yeehaw."

Both of them glanced at one another, their faces very visibly reddening as they maintained eye contact, Renjun's heart pounding away in his chest.

"K, bye."

And with that Renjun walked out immediately, terrified and very confused about Na Jaemin.