Love

"Cause time wasn't in our favor, this isn't goodbye this is simply see you later."

- Bucky -

I came in on Valentine's Day, ironically being the same day we did our chapter on Valentine's Day. I walked down the bright white halls of the hospital, my mind full of memories of past years.

All I wanted was to spend Valentine's Day with my girl.  To bring her flowers, chocolate, jewelry. And I may have brought her a box of chocolates to cheer her up in the hospital. I walked through the door, and there she was patiently waiting for me.

"Right on time," she smiled, "nice to see you Bucky."

"Nice to see you too Tessa," I laughed, "I brought you something."

Her eyes went wide, "you did?"

"I did," I smiled, handing the box of chocolates to her, "I don't know if you like chocolate or not.."

"I love chocolate!" She exclaimed, opening the box and taking a bite of one of the chocolates, "thank you! This is delicious!"

"I'm glad you like it," I chuckled, showing her the book to which she gave me a big smile, "ready?"

"I'm so ready," she laughed, "what's today's chapter about?"

"Conveniently Valentine's Day," I smiled, and her eyes lit up, "you sure you're ready for this?"

"I've been ready since the day I was born," she whispered, stifling a laugh as she bit into another chocolate piece.

"Valentine's day of 2017. Theresa was..."

- Tessa -

I woke up in my bed, feeling warm and cozy as my eyes adjusted to the warmth of the room. My room is always cold. That's weird. And then I felt a cold hand on my body with another one.

That's right! I spent the night in Bucky's room last night.

We didn't do anything... just cuddled and fell asleep. It was the first night I had spent with him ever, so I was already nervous. I grabbed a piece of gun from the nightstand that I brought, chewed it a few times before spitting it out and putting it back in the wrapper.

I'm not risking morning breath.

I flipped my body over to face Bucky, a small smile making its way across my face seeing how peaceful he was. Usually when I see him, he's either got a very protective sheet up or a natural resting bitch face. He also stares.

A lot.

But watching the way his hair fell over his face, and the way his mouth parted as he slept made me warm inside. Watching him take even breaths, not a worry in the world made me happy. Made me glad that he wasn't having another nightmare.

"I love you so much,"  I whispered as I kissed the top of his head softly, snuggling into his arms as I closed my eyes. I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, but I wanted to stay in and take this moment in before it was too late. Subconsciously when Bucky was asleep, his arms pulled me closer, holding me close enough to make me feel safe in his grasp.

A few minutes later, Bucky started to stir, and before I knew it he was staring down at me with a smile, "morning beautiful."

Fuck I love his voice in the morning. It's gravelly and rough, but yet super soft and warm. It makes butterflies fly in my stomach, and my heart beat out of my chest. It tickles a spot that I can't reach.

"Good morning mi Amor," I whispered with a smile.

"Happy Valentine's Day," he mumbled as he pressed soft kisses all over my face.