🚓💨

"Let me know when it's time to come back."

- Bucky -

I braced myself as I walked into the hospital room where my beautiful wife sat. She seemed off today. "Hi Tessa," I said softly, "are you okay? What's going on?"

"My head is throbbing," she whispered, "can you give me a hug?"

Progress. Fucking progress.

"Sure darling," I said as I wrapped my arms around her lightly, feeling her return the favor and hold onto me tightly. "It's okay Tess. I can get you pain meds. Do you want me to get you pain meds?"

I felt her shake her head into my shoulder, "can you read the next part of the story?"

"Of course," I whispered, "i Can do that. August 13, 2017. Theresa stole a car...."

- Tessa -

I stole a car today.

But not just any car... a cop car.

Why? Because I was in pursuit. But it didn't start with the cop car. Sam, Bucky, and I were at a stake out while waiting for Zemo to come out of where we knew he was hiding. While I watched the door, Bucky and Sam were arguing like children.

"Bucky you have a staring problem."

"You're just a problem," he replied, and Sam hit his arm from the back seat.

"Can you two just shut up?" I asked, "or you're going to miss Zemo coming out of the fucking house, which you just did."

Their heads snapped to the front door where Zemo was locking up, and Sam took no extra time to start chasing after him on foot.

"Fucking dumbass," I whispered, "start the car Buck. Zemo's gonna Hotwire a car."

"How do you k-" he started to ask, and I raised a brow when we heard a car engine start, "I will never question you again." And we sped off after the car, wanting to leave Sam in the dust. But, because he's our teammate I made Bucky stop to get him.

"Look I don't want him in here either," I joked, and we both laughed as Sam hopped into the car.

"Screw you both."

"James go!" I exclaimed, and tires screeched as our car followed Zemo's. We were catching up quickly, but somehow, Zemo was able to throw a bomb at the bottom of our car, throwing us into the air. I was already three steps ahead of him, throwing myself out of the car midway through the air, rolling on the ground and rolling into a full sprint toward a police car that nobody was near. "GUYS OVER HERE!"

'Please be a stick shift... please be a stick shift,' I thought to myself, letting out an audible "yay!" As I opened the door seeing the stick shift. I love having a past of racing for money. I've got experience.

I watched them run from the ruins of our beautiful getaway car as I hotwired the police car, stepping on the gas as soon as everyone was inside, "Buckle up this is going to be a wild ride." And I shifted gears to get up to where I needed to be. I saw the bright blue beetle Zemo hotwired, and I turned on the red and blue lights with the sirens as I followed him. He quickly turned a corner, causing me to shift another gear as I drifted onto the new street. We were going 100 miles an hour, and I was only gaining speed.

"Hey Buck I have a playlist on my phone.. can you connect it to the speaker?" I asked calmly while Sam was screaming in the backseat.

"Sure doll," he smiled, completely unbothered as he connected my playlist. And on came Tokyo Drift, causing me to squeal in excitement as I turned up the stereo.