SCOTT

"And you don't have to hesitate, hopefully it isn't too late."

- Bucky -

She woke up a lot later, the bags under her eyes disappearing when she woke up again. She was definitely out of it, wondering where I was when I was clearly sitting behind her.

There was a knock at the door around 3 o'clock, and in entered Scott Lang. Tessa gave me a confused look, her eyes flicking between me and the "stranger" in the doorway.

"Bucknastayyyy!" Scott exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes, "how's Tessa bear?"

"Bucknasty?" Tessa giggled, "that's funny."

"Ask her yourself Lang," I sighed, and he came bounding over with something in his hand. "Stop," I ordered, opening his hand to check whatever he brought.

"What? I just brought her orange slices!" He exclaimed, "just like she brought me when I got home from the Civil War!"

"There was a Civil War?!" Tessa exclaimed, "between who?!"

"Mr. Captain America and Tony Stark," Scott smiled, and I rolled my eyes, "fighting over this little one right here."

"They were not fighting about me Lang," I frowned, "they were fighting over the Sokovia Accords."

"And you," Scott added while Tessa happily took the orange slices from him with a beaming smile. Scott turned to Tessa, "how's my little nugget feeling?"

"Pretty good," she smiled, "my arm's hurting a little bit I'll be okay."

"Do you want me to get you some pain meds?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"No no, it's okay," she whispered, leaning back onto my chest, "I'm comfy where I am."

Scott gave me a 'does she remember?' side eye, and I shook my head with a frown as his smile faded slightly.

"What are you doing here Scott?" I asked, and he pulled up a chair next to Tessa's bed.

"I'm here to help this nugget get her memory back," he smiled, "I was wondering if I could talk to her?"

"Well you're already in here," I sighed, and a smile appeared across his face as Tessa watched him intently. I could feel her breathing as she laid on me, counting every time her breathing was slightly shaky or jagged to make sure that there wasn't anything too serious.

"You know what?" Scott asked as I checked one of her cuts on her shoulder that I had just noticed, "I learned some magic tricks for Cassie that I think may be good for you."

"You know magic?!" Tessa exclaimed, and Scott nodded with a huge grin, "show me show me show me!"

While I paid attention to Tessa's cut on her shoulder, Scott started playing with cards to make her smile. The cut on her shoulder wasn't right. It looked like it was a clue waiting to be revealed. My eyebrows drew together as I inspected the wound, my fingers lining over the newly forming scar as she was distracted.

It was shaped into a symbol. And the lines were so jagged it almost looked carved into her skin. And then I realized the symbol itself.