To Infinity and Beyond

"Can't fall in love, when I found the one, how am I supposed to move on? When you're never really too far gone."

She woke up a few hours later, and I didn't move a muscle from where I was a few hours earlier.

"Thank you for staying," she whispered, "it really means a lot to me."

"I wouldn't leave darling," I whispered back, "I promised I wouldn't leave."

"Can you continue the story?" She asked quietly, looking up at me sleepily.

"The actual story?" I asked, and she nodded her head, "I need to get the book then."

"It's on my nightstand," she whispered, grabbing the book before returning to her previous position in my arms and staring up at me to continue the story.

"The year is 2018. Thanos is on a rampage to find all of the infinity stones to wipe out half of universe.."

- Tessa -

The team and I all headed on the jet to go to Wakanda. The one place we knew we could get the mind stone out of Vision without having trouble.

Or so we thought.

Bucky and I were assigned the villages to make sure all people knew that they needed to go to the safe house next to the castle. But when the ships came into view, and we could see the monsters rampant in the fields, Bucky and I knew we didn't have much time.

"EVERYONE GO!" I screamed, "RUN! RUN NOW AND DO NOT STOP!" And I watched the women grab their children, running to the nearest safe space they had available. While the men prepared for war. Bucky pulled me aside for a second, his hands running up my arms. "Buck are you okay?" I asked, my palm caressing his cheek.

His eyes stared down at mine, tears filling them as he looked out to see the hell that would soon be breaking out, "if something happens..."

"No. We aren't saying goodbyes," I whispered, "because that means it's already written. You can tell me after we defeat Thanos and his goons."

"Okay," he whispered, and I gave him a very loving kiss before pulling my gun from my back and loading it.

"Let's kick his ass shall we?" I asked with a wink, taking off to catch up with Steve and the rest of the crew who was lining up on the hill. T'Challa had already taken down the barrier, and the monsterous looking things came barreling towards us at amazing speed.

"WAKANDA FOREVER!" T'Challa shouted, and we all repeated before running towards the monsters. Steve and I were in the front of the pack with T'Challa and Natasha, ready to fight for the lives of us, and the entire world. I realized a gun for me, personally, wouldn't work for this situation, so I decided to toss the gun away and switch it for my sword. Since I've been training with the Dora Milaje every time we've visited, I've actually picked up some good skills.

I started out great, killing every monsterdog in my path, very narrowly escaping death every time. Until I saw the man who looked like squidward in the sky, his eyes focused on me. Of all people. Fuck.

"You think you can escape me?" He asked as I started running. I ran for my life, knowing damn well he would take notice of this. And instead of running away when he picked the ground off from my feet, I turned and started running towards him. Which he then started trying to fend me off by throwing huge rocks at me, to which I dodged, using them as an acceleration boost to get closer to Ebony.

My sword glinted in the sunlight as I jumped off of the one rock supporting me, latching onto Ebony's foot and taking him down with me as I caught him off guard. And because he was floating hundreds of feet in the air, we tumbled for hundreds of feet.