Chapter 1

“Rori, get your arse down here before we’re late!!” Declan yelled at me from the kitchen in our flat. He’s been my best friend since we were 4 so when I decided to move from Cork to London last April he of coursed followed after me. I didn’t mind cause let’s face it I knew no one in London and I really didn’t want to experience it alone. “I’m coming you tosser, geez give me a minute will ya!” I screamed back down at him. Sometimes he could a real pain but he was right, I was already running behind.  I threw on a pair maroon skinny jeans with gray tank top and ran to Declan’s room and grabbed one of his black flannel button downs. After putting on a little blush and mascara and running my brush through my tangles I ran down stairs to find my black flats.

“That’s what you’re wearing?” he said looking me up and down, I frowned for a moment and thought I really don’t need to look too fancy for this, “Yea…why what’s wrong with it?” I started to bit my lower lip when he didn’t say anything straight away. “Nothing, but at least pull your hair back, you look like a wild woman.” I hated doing my hair, it thick and wavy and almost never did what I wanted it to do. The color was nice thought a golden honey brown that normally got me compliments or questions about what shop I went to. I looked at Declan for a moment before finally saying it was good enough and walking toward the front door. I turned once he walked out and locked up catching my reflection in knocker that hung in the middle of the door, my green eyes that had a hint of blue in them today.

“Stop staring at yourself Ro and let’s get a move on it!” I turned, glaring at him “Just cause you’re not as good looking as me doesn’t mean you have to be rude” I laughed sticking my tongue out at him. That earned me an eye roll and jab to my side. “Geez you tosser I really hope Alice doesn’t know how violent you are, she’ll leave you faster than you swing!” I know I shouldn’t have said it but I couldn’t help myself, he was asking for it. Before I knew it he had me on the ground tickling my sides till I started to tear up with the fit of laughter and scream “GET OFF YOU ARSE!” He jumped up and held his hand out for me, slapping it away I got up trying to see if I dirtied my outfit. He laughed and turned, heading for the car.

“What time do I need to pick you up?” Declan asked as I gathered my stuff, stepping out of his mini copper. I had to think about for a moment since I wasn’t sure what time my classes ended today. I told him to come for me at 4pm which sounded about right. I kissed his cheek for the ride and told him not to be late. He gave me a small smirk before saying “you wonder why people think we’re together half the time Ro, you’re always kissing me” I glared at him, not really sure what to say so instead I punch his arm and walked off.

He waved goodbye and drove off as I stood there looking around to see if people had seen me kiss his cheek, no one was around so I shrugged it off and started walking to class. I can kiss my best friends cheek without us having to be together, can’t I!! I mean it’s not like we’re sleeping together, he’s my best mate and noth…I was in mid thought when some wanker ran into me, knocking me backwards while trying to catch his Frisbee. “Oi!! What the hell?” I yelled as he looked down at me sheepishly before saying “Sorry, I didn’t see you.” I ignored his extended hand and got to my feet noticing him look me up and down slowly before giving me a small smirk. “Oi!!” I said with an eye roll and a disgusted tone, “eyes on your master dog, now run along before I get a paper to slap you with!” I turned to walk away when I heard a fit of laughter coming from two guys and looked back to see them standing with their ‘dog’ laughing at him while pointing at me and giving me a quick thumbs up.

I didn’t give them a second look as I ran to make my 1st class of the day. Which of course I was late to, I walked in and everyone looked up as the professor said “Miss O’Ney so glad you could join us” his tone obviously not pleased I walked in late. “Sorry” I whispered trying to find a seat. The next two hours went by slowly and I couldn’t help but think of what Declan had said to me, it’s not like we haven’t talked about him and I as a couple before but we knew we were better off as friends. So why did it bother me when people thought we were a couple? Maybe because you like Alice and don’t want her to get the wrong idea too, a small voice sounded in my head. It was true I thought Alice was perfect for Declan. I had always been cautious about his girlfriends, I didn’t want him to end up getting hurt but when he found her, I knew I didn’t have to worry.

“MISS O’NEY!” I heard my professor yell at me, snapping me out of my mental discussion. “Yea…” I looked at him sheepishly knowing he knew I had no clue what he just asked me. “Class was dismissed 5 minutes ago, you’ve been sitting here staring at the wall. Are you ok dear?” I didn’t really want to get into it with my professor so I got up quickly and said “Yea, just spaced out.” With a small smile I ran out of class feeling like an idiot.

Just as I stepped outside the classroom I ran smack into the back of tall curly hair guy. He was nicely built from what I could tell, broad shoulders covered with a blue blazer that tightened around his biceps showing his muscular outline. I noticed his hair was longer than I liked on most guys but it was a warm chestnut color and looked soft. I was about to apologize when he turned around letting me get a good look at him, he had the greenest eyes that looked inviting and sweet with plump lips that were the a deep pink color that currently held a small smirk on it, I knew I was caught when he let out a small chuckle.

“S-sorry, I didn’t see yo…YOU” I said finally taking his whole face in, not just pieces, it was the jerk that ran into me earlier in the courtyard outside of my class. “Sorry my masters let me off my leash” he said with a wide grin as if he was oh so charming. “Well make sure he doesn’t do it again!” I shot him a glare before making my way down the hall lined with classrooms. I heard a bit of commotion from some girls who were now running toward me, I dodged to my right running into the wall so I wouldn’t get trampled over. “What the Hell?” I yelled looking at them surround the curly haired idiot. They were asking for pictures and for him to sign their books as he stared at me with a small smile playing on his lips. I let out a small huff and walked away before any more twits ran up to him.

Thankfully my next two classes were uneventful but I had forgotten that my last class was canceled since my professor was out of town. I had still had another hour and a half before Declan would be here so I decided to go to the theater wing and see if they were practicing any of the numinous plays being held this semester. I walked down the hall lined with brown carpet and from the brick walls hung posters of the plays, I walked over to auditorium door and pushed it open only to have a blare of pop music rush my ears. Ugh what do they think this is…an episode of glee? I though hearing the end of Bruno Mars ‘Just the way you are’, I rolled my eyes finding a seat near the back. As I sat down the music turned into a small melody played on a guitar and soft voice started singing, I knew the song from the radio and looked up to see five guys sitting on the edge of the stage.

I stared for a moment trying to remember who there were, I knew they were some pop band I regularly avoided listening to on the radio since their music sounded like it was made for a group of 13 year old girls. But something about seeing them there made me listen harder to the music, it was soft and sweet and each lad looked like he really meant what he was singing. I was so caught up in the song that I didn’t notice the curly hair one staring at me until he came in singing his part.

I know you’ve never loved the sound of your voice on tape

You never want to know how much you weigh

You still love to squeeze into your jeans but you’re perfect to me…

Shit!!!  I mentally cursed myself for coming here, the curly haired one sat there continuing to sing as he watched me. I could see he was smiling and wished I could slap that smirk off his face. I must have been glaring at him because he lightly chuckled when his solo was over and sent me a wink.  I wanted to get up and run out and get as far away as I could before he walked over but figured it would be too obvious and I didn’t really feel like hearing them exploded into laughter as I made a break for the door. Instead I got out my phone and typed in the lyrics to the chores hoping to remember what their group was called.

Little Things-By One Direction popped up and laughed at the name remembering an episode of the X-Factor my mom made me watch with her a few years back. I never really watch the tellie so I never knew if they won or not but I had heard they got a record deal and assumed they did. I was so wrapped up in my phone that I didn’t notice that the curly haired one walked up and took a seat next to me till he chuckled and said “Are you stalking me now?”