Chapter 11

Declan’s POV:

I could see the terror in Harry’s eyes as I stepped through the door, I couldn’t help but smirk at the thought of this little git being afraid of me. Rori’s probably here, don’t fuck this up Deco!  I knew the voice was right, I came to make up, to tell her I needed her and that I loved her. Not just as my best friend, that I actually loved her! I didn’t want this….but she was going to have to choose. Them or me.

“Relax, mate. I’m not here to fight.” I say as I walk past Harry. He follows me into the kitchen, just watching me. I knew I had to play nice, if I wanted any chance of Rori being mine, I was going to have to show her I was better than they were. “Look….I’m sorry I flipped out that day.” I finally looked at the boy, and that’s what he was. A boy. He was half my size and a few inches shorter than me, his face still had innocent features. Though I knew he was far from innocent, I read the papers! My biggest fear was that he could get Rori to fall for him then he’d leave her, heartbroken and shattered…just like the rest.

“I worry about her, always have. She hasn’t had it easy and I won’t let her get hurt again.” I knew he knew nothing about what I was referring to, no one did. Rori won’t talk about it, think about, it’s like she cut out that piece of herself and left it back in Ireland. She started a new life, one that didn’t included the painful memories, and the horrid things she suffered through…I couldn’t blame her. “I’m going to hurt her.” My head snapped up, I forgot he was still here. “You know nothing about her. You’ll never know her like I do. I’m not trying to be an arse, but there are things about her that she’ll knew let you see….let you know.” He was looking at me with pure confusion and chuckled, “a little advice pretty boy,” he raised an eyebrow as I took a step toward him, “don’t ask her about it.” I knew my face went rigid, hard and cold as I turned and spoke the last words.

“Declan,” I turned and nodded as acknowledgment “I’m sorry I hit you with a pan.” I chuckled “its fine, mate.” I held my hand out to Harry but moved to swiftly for his taste, he flinched and blushed when he realized what I meant. Taking my hand in his, he looked at me with a pleading expression as he shook. “Guess there’s no chance you’ll tell me what happened to her?” I knew it wasn’t meant to be a question. He dropped my hand and backed away, looking at me wide eyed. “I-I’m sorry….forget it. Just calm down Deco.”

Calm down? I am calm, why would he tell me to calm down? His next words threw me, “just put it down…” “w-what? Put what do-” I looked down at my hands. I gripped the glass tightly, too tight, the memory flooded back into my mind and heard the glass break in my grip. “Rori, stay back!” I looked at Harry who was staring at something over my shoulder, I turned to see her. I was still the red flicks in my gaze as I watched her walk up to me. I hadn’t see red since my fight with Harry and Niall and before that, it’d been years. Not since we we’re 13….now red was all I saw. Thinking about it, thinking of Rori broken on the floor, blood everywhere, clothes ripped, biting her lip to stop the sobs from escaping. RED. That was all I could see now.

Rori’s POV:

“Deco?” I moved slowly towards him, trying to bypass the glass that was shatter, covering the floor now. “Rori, don’t! He could hurt you!” Harry was by my side trying to pull me back in to the living room, I knew he saw what I saw. The black of Declan’s eyes, the vein sticking out of his neck, his fists balled tightly and breathing uneven. I wasn’t sure what had happed, what set him off but I knew it wasn’t it good. I needed to calm him, bring him back to me. “Harry, its fine. Just let me…” I didn’t get the chance to finish as Declan threw his fists down hitting the island countertop, over and over again. His knuckles were starting to turn red, blood was now dripping down from them.