Chapter 17

“Stop moving! We’re almost there Rori, just relax. Paul’s having us pull into the car park and we can go in through the back.” Harry tightened his grip on my waist. I had been nervous the most way here, thinking of the fans and how they were going to crowd the boys. I was still uneasy from the last time I had a bunch of screaming girls rush me to get to them. That had not ended well. In fact, that was kind of the reason I was in this mess to begin with. 

I had decided not to tell them boys what was happening, it could wait until after the show. It was a good thing that that night Declan had just told me to go upstairs and get some sleep while they cleaned up the mess. So now here we were, in the bus heading to the hotel. I had spent most of the drive sleeping and when I couldn’t go back to sleep I had gone up front to sit with Don and keep him company for the rest of the drive.

“Love, what are you doing up?” Harry had startled me, I was deep in conversation with Don and he hadn’t made a sound before speaking right behind me, into my ear. With a low yelp from me he laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me on to his lap. “I couldn’t sleep anymore.” I cuddling into his chest and just enjoyed the closeness. “She’s been keep me company, mate. Funny lass you got here. Can we keep her?” I couldn’t help but giggle, the whole crew seemed so nice and it was flattering that at least one of them wanted to keep me around. “Yeah, I’m kind of hoping we can. I’d love for her to stick around.” Harry met my eyes, lifting one of his hands from my waist to my cheek and drawing little circles just under my cheekbone. Tilting his head, he just stared before leaning down and nudging my nose with the tips of his. Finally after teasing me he connected our lips. It was soft and sweet at first but soon enough he was deepening the kiss, running his hand up and down my side, grabbing my hips and rubbing little circles into them.

“HEY NOW! I didn’t ask for a show!” It came out as a joke but you could hear the seriousness in Don’s voice. We pulled apart and I muttered a sad sorry before righting myself on Harry’s lap, “so how much longer?” I asked Don, I saw that we were in the city limits but I had never been to Glasgow so I didn’t know how big it was or what to expect. “Just another 15 minutes or so, lass.” It was still pretty early, at least another hour or so before the sun would be rising. I didn’t think about the fans until Paul had called Don and told him to be careful, there were fans already outside lining up and blocking the stress in some areas.

“Stop moving! We’re almost there Rori, just relax. Paul’s having us pull into the car park and we can go in through the back.” I listened and let Harry’s arms tighten around my waist to help calm me. “I know, I’ll be fine.” I gave the best fake smile I could muster but Harry saw through it, he just chuckled and kissed the top of my head. I decided to go and wake the others but Harry wouldn’t let me go. “Let them sleep. It’ll be a while to unload the bus and Paul will wake them.” I raised an eyebrow, “But if I wake them now, I’ll save Paul the trouble and we can all get into the hotel faster.” Harry sighed and finally spoke “I want to take you somewhere and it’ll be easier if the others are asleep. I-I don’t think Niall and Declan will let you out of their sight.” The look on his face was a mixture of pleading and sadness, I knew they had agreed to wait to take me out until they thought I was ‘better’. They didn’t want to push me, not after what I told them.

Harry’s eyes locked on mine for a moment before I figured he was expecting an answer, “Ok.” I whispered, I kind of wanted time alone with Harry….in fact, I had been dying for it. Every time I caught him looking at me or he walked by and brush up against my skin I would think about being alone with him. Sometimes my daydreams would get pretty steamy and I would have to excuse myself to calm down. At first I hated that he could do that to me, but deep down I knew I was savoring it. Finally I gave in and let the thoughts and feelings take over.