Chapter 8

Rori's POV:

"Calm down it's only me!" I heard Niall yell as I was basically strangling poor Harry. I had a death grip on his neck as I kept my head buried in his neck. But once I heard Niall I let go and pushed off Harry and ran up to him, he was clearly thinking I was going engulf him in a hug by the way his arms opened welcoming me in, but was shocked when I went slapped him upside the head yelling at him. "WHAT THE FUCK NIALL!! YOU JUST GAVE US A DAMN HEART ATTACK!!!" I was pissed, not only was I scared shitless but I also pulled my muscles jumping on Harry and letting him hold me tight to him. The shooting pain in my ribs muffled by my anger I felt. Harry chuckled bring my attention back to him, I was bit surprised at how protective he was during our little scare. "Ow!... I'm sorry I just thought maybe I'd come over anyway and check in on you." He looked down at his shoes, shoving his hands in his pockets. He looked disappointed I didn't care that he came back and I felt my heart drop, knowing that he was just trying to be a good guy and here I just slapped him. I was happy he came back just to check in on me.

"I'm sorry Niall, I...you..." I huffed trying to continue, "I was just freaked us out is all. Harry and I were watching a scary movie and we heard a noise out here and then you show up an-and...h-how did you get in?" I asked finally realizing I had seen Harry deadbolt the lock when the boys left earlier. "Oh...uhh...you dropped your keys in the car and we found them when we left. I figured I'd just come over after the meeting and just sleep on the couch." He still wouldn't look at me and I walked up to him slowly and wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close to me, ignore the pain shooting through my torso. "It's ok, just next time call or text first! Harry could have taken your head off with the bat." I chuckled and looked back at Harry, his face held pain and sadness in them and I knew it was because I was holding on to Niall.

As I gave Harry a small smile, letting of Niall when the wicker lounge chair tipped over and I jumped again pulling Niall back to Harry with me. They both busted out laughing when my neighbor's cat jumped back on the table and then up the small cherry blossom tree Deco and I had in the back yard and over the fence. I had Harry by the waist with one hand, digging into his skin with my finger tips and the other was holding a handful of Niall's shirt as I held him tight against my back. I let them go and smiled sheepishly, knowing I just made myself look like a scared idiot.

I could hear the boys talking behind me as they followed me back into the house, Harry was telling Niall more about the horror film we were watching when all the noise happened. Niall stopped laughing long enough to notice I was leaning up against the table, trying to keep my balance but failing as I slide to the floor. "Shit Rori, love, are you ok?" Niall had my waist and tired tugging me up, but I couldn't move. I could feel a stabbing pain in my ribs, my breathing strained as I tried to fill my lungs with air. My body had shut down and I went limp trying to fight past the darkness that was threatening to take me. I could hear them ask each other frantically what should be done, Niall wanted take me to the hospital but Harry was quicker. I pulled my eyelids back long enough to see that Harry now had me in his arms taking me up stairs. My head rolled back and I looked at the pictures that lined the wall up to my room. "Harry, mate what if she's really hurt and we don't know?!" Niall was directly behind Harry now and he tried his best to keep the smile on his face when I turned my head and found his eyes.

Harry gently placed my back in bed, telling Niall to get me some water. Once the liquid touched my lips, it helped me snap out of the dizziness and I slowly sat up. "I'm fine now, I think it was just all the excitement. Niall I'm fine really." I tried my best to reassure him but he wasn't looking totally convinced. The pain dulled a bit and I breathing returned but was still a little labored. I moved the middle of my bed and patted both sides, signaling both of them to lay with me. Niall kicked off his trainers and sat on my left, while Harry laid on my right. "Are you sure you're alright babe?" Niall leaned in but kept some distance, worry laced his words while his eyes were filled with something I couldn't quite put my finger on. "For the last time Horan, I'm fine." I winked at him and reached for his hand. He let out a small sigh and I'm sure if I wasn't watching him, I wouldn't have heard it.