Chapter 7

I finally got Harry to stop with the gross comments about how I secretly wanted him and how much fun we could have tonight. I felt the contents of my stomach churn and gagged a little at the thought of Harry’s kind of ‘fun’ was. “Do you really have to be such a pervert? It’s not only annoying but it’s also rude. Keep it up and I’ll make you sleep on the couch!” I had had enough of cheeky Harry and wanted nothing more than to go to bed. But of course with my luck, fate had a different plan. As soon as I made it to the bottom of the stairs the lights went out.

“Ouch shit!” I was about to take the first step and missed and fell right on my face. I could hear things falling over and tried to turn myself to see if Harry had fallen as well, when felt his hands run along my back side. “Rori are yo-” I didn’t give him a chance to continue. “Harry get your hands off my arse!” He chuckled and moved his hand to the small of my back. “I can’t see you, did you hurt yourself?” I could hear the concern in his voice. I laid there for a moment longer thinking that if he was like this all the time, a carrying and non perverted arse, I could actually like him. As a friend of course, nothing more.

I turned to lay on my back, “Yeah, I’m ok I think. I can’t really move though.” I said just as I was blinded, Harry had is phone light pointed right at my face, “dude that’s bright!” slapping his hand away I tried to reach for the edge of the wall to pull myself up. “Wait don’t move! You could hurt yourself even more.” He put his phone down on my stomach and I felt his hands reach under my legs and back. He carried me bride style up the stairs and laughed when he nudged the door open with my head.

“Way to give me a concussion Harry…now put me down. I can walk you know.” I wasn’t so sure about that since I was still a little woozy from falling, adding to the pain I already felt from the beating. “Just let me get you to the bed.” He chuckled a bit before setting me down gently. “Thanks, Harry can I ask you something?” I wasn’t sure why I had asked, but I moved over so he could sit on the edge of the bed. “You don’t have to ask me to sleep with you, I was planning on it already.” I could tell he had that stupid smirk I really hated plastered on his face, I rolled over and groaned. “Ugh…forget it, it’s like talking to wall with you!” I was about to pull the covers over my head when I felt him lay down, “I’m sorry, I’m serious now. Ask me anything you like love.” He didn’t make a move closer to me like I thought he was going to, he just laid there looking at the ceiling. “Why do you act like that? Why do you have to make everything…gross?” I still had my back turned to him but when I heard him sigh I decided to turn around. “I’m not always like that, people just except me to be that way. I play a part and I do it well. However…most girls don’t seem to mind it. You on the other hand…..y-you don’t like me much do you?” He looked right at me with a small smile but I could tell this question really bothered him.

“I don’t like THAT side of you,” I answered honestly, there was no point lying to him, “but when you become sweet and kind…and not perverted, I like you just fine.” I gave him a small nudge letting him know as long as he could be nice Harry, I could be his friend. “Can I ask you something?” He kind of whispered it and I tensed up waiting for some smartass question but nodded. “If I were more like Niall would you like me?” I made no effort to hide my surprise, “what makes you think I like Niall?” I could feel myself blush and thanked God the lights were out, I didn’t feel like discussing my feelings for Niall with him. Sure I liked Niall but I’ve only known him for a short period of time. It wasn’t like I was going to start mentally planning our wedding, just because they were famous didn’t mean I was going to rush anything. My thoughts were interrupted by Harry chuckling.

Harry’s POV:

I could tell she was blushing from my question about Niall and I hated to admit it bothered me more than I would like. I had seen her first, talked to her first! The boys knew I had fancied her, so why did Niall have to move in on her? I knew if I left her alone he would get her and that wasn’t something I was ready to let happen. I knew if she would just give me a chance I could change her mind about me and that was exactly what I panned on doing. I let out a small chuckle not meaning to at the thought of winning her over.