Chapter 19

I woke up in a white room, an annoying beeping ringing in my ears. I tried to lift my arm to rub the sleep out of my eye but felt a stinging tug in the crock of my arm. An IV….great! My inner voice groaning as I tried to remember what the hell happened. Vague flashes running through my head, something about a bus, a pool….a-a gun? Maybe you dreamed all that? She whispered, “maybe, but it feels so real!” It was real! REME. MBER DAMMIT! Another voice sounded. “Who the hell are you…?” Great I’m really talking to myself! Wouldn’t be the first time, love. But before it was only me. I sat there waiting for the new voice to speak again.

You’re not crazy, Rori. I’m here and I won’t be leaving anytime soon so get use to me, but for right now just shut up and stop thinking. What do you hear? I tried to listen but all I could hear was muffled voices. Someone was shouting. “Where is that coming from?” Get out of bed and go find out. I did as she said and slowly pushed out of bed, pulling the IV machine with me. I turned the knob of the door and cracked it open a bit.

“WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE DIGGER?” I couldn’t see but I knew that was Declan, wait, Digger? Did he say Digger? “Just shut up and listen to what I’m saying Deco! Someone is after Rori and you! Not to mention those other gits that fancy her! She knew I was coming!” I did? Since when? I hadn’t talked to Digger since Deco and I left Ireland. Dammit, REMEMBER RORI! You asked for his help! Jesus where are your memories? With that I felt her leave. Holy shit I really am mad! I decided to listen for a bit longer.

“Just get the fuck out of here! I don’t want you here and neither does she!” Deco looked furious, but I couldn’t blame him. He had every right to be mad. Digger had taken me out one night and let me have one to many drinks but it was my own fault that I wandered off and ended up in the alley behind the pub. He did save me too, I shudder to think what that drunk man would have done other than just take my purse. As soon as Deco found out he nearly killed Digger. He was so upset, even after I explained it was my fault. He was just being the protective lad I loved so much.

Just as Digger was saying something I felt something shift in my head and could tell the new crazy voice had returned. Before I could even think there was a flash of memories running through my head. The sense flooding in at once making my head spin and start to ache. Finally it ended and I feel forward with shock. The last image that played in my mind couldn’t have been true! The dainty black haired, blue eyed girl just stood there staring at me with a wicked grin. Then she pulled out a gun? Just as I was about to check my shoulder where I felt the painful sting a strong arm wrapped around my waist lifted me up.

“Oh my God Rori, are you ok?” Declan was holding me close. I just stood there looking at him. What do I say? Before I could respond another set of arms grabbed my wrist and spun me around, Digger. A wide smile spread across my lips as I leaped into his arms. Wrapping mine around his neck and breathing in the clove cigarette and Hugo Boss cologne. I missed this smell, his unique scent that only he could pull off. “I missed ya, mate! I thought you were going to wait back in London until we came back?” “WAIT? YOU’VE BEEN TALKING TO HIM? YOU INVITED HIM?” I cringed, afraid to turn around and face Deco. “Stop yellin at her, mate. Would ya just let her explain!” Digger pulled me behind him, shielding me from Deco as soon as he looked at him. Why did he do that? My old voice asked the question before I could.

I peaked around Digger to see Declan breathing heavily, fists clenched but it was his eyes that worried not only me but Digger as well. They were black, his pupil so dilated they cover the irises. I knew what could happen if I didn’t try and calm him. Pulling away from Digger I ran to Deco, pulling him into a hug while leaving light kisses in the crook of his neck. “Declan, come back to me. I need you….I-I’m hurt. I need you!” I lifted his hand and ran his fingers across the scar on my collarbone than moved to my still swollen shoulder. I winced and whimpered as he pushed skin a bit. He snapped out and pulled me into a tight hug.

I lead us back into the room and told him to sit down. Digger was messing with his laptop in the corner while I explained everything to Declan. What happened at the concert, the texts, being watched and followed and just as I was about to tell him who shot me, Digger laughed. “Something funny, idgit?” I asked slightly annoyed he found this all funny.

“You weren’t really shot, love! T’was just an air gun.” I interrupted him then, “it still hurt like hell, Digger!” he chuckled and looked at me with apologetic smirk “I know, babe. Dat’s not the funny part though! Did she really tink dat was a real gun?” Just thinking about it, I had to admit it was funny. Was she really that dumb? She left you alive so….YES! She really is that dumb! “Wait, do you know who shot her?” Deco stared wide eyed at Digger, he just nodded his head and turned to me. “So does Rori….you want to tell him or should I?” I shook my head and turned to Declan.

 “It was Alice.”