Chapter 10

It’s been a week since I left the hospital and I still haven’t heard from Declan, he won’t return any of my calls or texts. I’m starting to think maybe it’s too late to try and make up with him. I knew he was staying with Alice because she texted me a few days ago to let me know that he was there and to wish me a speedy recovery. She’s said she’d talk to him and see if she could get him to at least text me back, but I guess it wasn’t going so well since I haven’t heard from him.

I was going a bit mad from being away from him for this long. I missed him singing in the morning horribly while getting ready for work. I missed the smell of his body wash, even though Harry and Niall had been staying with me and they would use it, it would never smell exactly like my Deco. I missed the way everything was always neat and clean because he was a bit OCD about things like that. It’s the little things that you miss when the most important person in your life leaves you.

I think I miss him so much more because Harry’s here, as daft as it sounds, he actually reminds me a lot of Declan. I’ll make a mess and he’ll clean it up, when we sit and watch a movie, he’ll playing with stands of my hair. He cooks for me, he gets on me when I don’t put something back where it’s supposed to go. He shouts at the telly when the game is on, he tucks me in at night. It just makes me wish Deco would come home.

Deco plz, come home. I miss you and I’m so sorry for what I said! I just….I just need you, things aren’t the same without you. Plz! I’ll do anything if you come back! I love you Declan! xx~Ro

This was the last text I would send I told myself. I’d give him one more day to think, then I was going to go and face him. He couldn’t hide forever and I wasn’t ready to give up on us! I set my phone down on the dresser and readied to lounge with the boys, I pulled on one of his old tees and some shorts and headed down stairs.

“Where’s Niall?” I asked Harry as I sat down on the couch besides him. “He’s getting ready to go out with the boys.” He lifted the blanket for me to snuggle in next to him, “It’s just you and me tonight so I thought we’d order in and watch a movie.” I smiled up at him and nodded. He’d been so different since I came home. Sure there were still a few dirty comments here and there, but I didn’t mind them so much anymore. “I’m good with that, what’s tonight’s film?” Over the last week we’ve gone through countless films, since I wasn’t able to go out. He got up from the couch and walked over kitchen and grabbed something from the top of the fridge before coming back to sit with me again. “I noticed you didn’t have this one, so I had Louis pick it up for you yesterday. I wrapped it myself.” He had a huge grin, showing off those killer dimples I’d come to love so much. I didn’t waste time ripping off the shiny blue wrapping paper. ‘Love Actually’ I laughed remembering one of the boys had said it was his favorite film. I thanked Harry and kissed his cheek, as he went to put on video and order our food. I thought about the day at the hospital after Declan had stormed out and how wonderful he and Niall had been.

*Flashback*

            “It’s ok babe, he’ll cool down and come back.” Niall said while cuddling me in his lap, Liam had told him what had happened and he came in to comfort me. “I just don’t get why he was so mad, I mean it wasn’t your fault!” I was crying now, I was so angry at Declan, he had no right to say what he did.  I felt Niall’s lips touch my forehead as his hand rubbed circles on my back. “It’s ok, I promise it’ll be ok.” I had to give it to him, he was making me feel better just by being here. I looked up into his eyes and once he smile I grabbed both sides of his face and pulled him in to a kiss. He was confused at first but then let his lips melt with mine.

“Rori….I know.…you’re….upset….but” he spoke into the kiss and I giggled thinking now was not the time to be talking. He pulled back, still holding me close in his arm. “Rori, as much I was enjoying that, I know you’re upset and I don’t want to take advantage of the situation.” I smiled knowing he was just trying to be a gentlemen but really I was hurt. I knew he liked me but I still felt a wave of rejection hit me. I turned to slide off his lap but he stopped me. “Don’t move, I like having you close.” I didn’t know what to do so I let my head fall to the crook of his and breathed him in. I fell asleep soon after, listening to his heartbeat. I smiled as I noted that when I shifted or leaned closer it sped up.