Chapter 16

“Digger…?” he had picked up after only two rings but never said anything. I was ready to hang up when I heard something, or rather someone in the background. I-it sounded like…. “OH EWW DIGGER!!!” I screamed and hung up! Who picks up a phone during THAT?! I was mentally trying not to picture what was happening but after hearing the moans coming through my phone, it was hard not to. Haha no pun intended, right? The voice in my head was mocking me and I had to laugh at the pun.

I took a deep breath and ready myself to exit my closet, I had heard the guys come in. I knew they were wondering why I had run out of the living room so suddenly. It wasn’t time to tell them what was going on, not after what I had just told them. I was still trying to push down the emotions that ‘little’ talk had brought up.

As soon as I opened the door I was greeted by six pairs of questioning eyes. “I’m fine, I promise. Just needed to get away.” It wasn’t a lie but it wasn’t the truth either. “Rori….I…I think you need get away for a bit longer a-and well…not just to your closet.” Harry walked over to me and took my hand in his, “We have a show in Glasgow in a few days….w-we, well I-I want you to come.” Before I could answer Niall chimed in. “I want you to come too.” He was slightly pouting and I had to laugh, it was cute that they had wanted me to go but now wasn’t really the time to sneak away. Or was it?

Maybe getting away would give me some time to think this whole stalker thing out and also if I could make them think I was gone for longer than I really would be, it would give me the leg up I needed to find them before they found me.

I was about to ask if Declan could come along too, since I really didn’t want to leave him behind….alone, but my phone rang and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to pick it up. I was afraid of what I might hear on the other end. “Heello?” I heard a chuckle before he said anything. “Sorry about that love, didn’t really tink when I answered me phone. What’s up?” I looked at the guys who were all watching me, I mouthed I needed a minute before they all walked out of my room leaving me alone.

“It’s time Digger, I think their somewhere close.” I tried my best to keep it short and also not move my lips as much. I still had a feeling they were close and if they were watching still I didn’t want them to figure out what was going on. I heard him move round a bit and then he started to type on his computer. It went quiet for a few moments until he scared the shit out of me by yelling out of nowhere.

“RORI THEIR OUTSIDE YOUR FUCKING HOUSE!” he screamed right into my ear. I had dropped the phone and when I went to pick it up, my eye caught something in the tree just outside in the back yard. I didn’t look directly at it but I had a feeling what it was. “I know you arse! You didn’t need to scream into my ear! Geez I’ve gone deaf now!” I frowned at Diggers muttered apology. “I’m sorry, I knew you said they were close but I didn’t tink they were dat close….are you ok? Are you alone? I-is Declan with you?” I actually smiled at the worry in voice, as much as I thought I didn’t, I really did miss Digger.

 “Pretend you’re on the phone with your mum!” I chuckled, he was actually worried about me, not typical behavior for Digger…well not when it came to other people, but with Deco and I he’d always had a soft spot for us. Yeah, sure he was a git and would cross ya at any chance to save his own arse but he was always there for me and Deco. I really didn’t think he would do that to us, we were really his only ‘real’ friends.  “No mum, don’t worry so much! We’re good here. Deco’s downstairs with hanging out with some friends and I’m just talking to you….mum, I’m sorry we just left you. I wish we could have taken you with us sometimes, but you’re so damn stubborn! I knew you would have never come with us. We miss you, you know.”

I could hear Digger’s ragged breath through the phone “I-it’s ok, I knew why ya had to leave and Declan….I just want a chance to make it right with him. I-I’ve miss you lot too! But right now we have work to do! So save the sappy shit for later love, ok.” I laughed and said a simply ok. “I’m tracing da number so as long as it’s not a pre-paid I can find out who they are. Let’s hope they’re not dat smart, I’ll call you in the morning love.” I was about to say good night when he spoke again. “Ro….I’m coming out dere.” I was shocked, Digger coming here was the last thing I thought he would do.