Chapter 3

"Is not your fault that I keep falling for you. It was my fault for not recognizing my true worth"

_______________________________________________________________

Xiang Li watches as Huaze Lei drew someone at the wall until she finally asks, "Is that Jing?" she questions as she jumps from the railings and started walking towards him who looks at her with a delighted face,  "You could tell?"

Xiang Li just smile and nodded, "Are you sure? I've never been good at art. For a perfectionist painter like you, are you sure?"

Xiang Li just nodded and exclaimed, "Jing is probably the only person you'd draw."

"I guess so"

The girl just looks at how happy Lei is and sadly smiles because she knows that she can't make him happy like Jing. Due to the negative thoughts forming on her mind, she decided to bid goodbye since she still have some works to do which Lei let her and stayed alone on the rooftop.

She doesn't know why and how she got into this position but after school hours, Xiang Li decided to go to the rooftop to get fresh air until she saw Daoming Si punch the wall near Shancai making her move in instinct. She immediately stops Daoming Si from going further by pulling him away from Shancai as she turns to the guy who is already on the floor, "What's wrong with you?!" 

When she didn't get an answer, she just pull Shancai away as she was still in tears. Daoming Si is now mad and is not the right time to argue with him.

.

.

.

.

.

Xiang Li was now walking Shancai home in case she panic again after the rooftop incident. As they arrived in front of Shancai's house, she turn to look at Xiang Li with a thankful smile. "Thank you..."

The girl mumbled as Xiang Li look up from her sketches and hummed for her to repeat what she just said. "Thank you...for saving me even though you were angry at me for basically ruining the items that you value the most. I'm really thankful."

Xiang Li just smiled and assured the shorter girl to enter her house which the traumatized girl obliged.

As Xiang Li walk home, she went to her art room to finish her birthday gift for Jing. A few days later, she finally finished and started looking for her outfit. When she didn't see a formal dress to draw, she immediately went to her grandma and if she could use her sewing things.

"Sure dear, let me ready it for you. Why are you even gonna use it?" Her grandma ask as Xiang Li just wink at her and stated, "I'm gonna make a dress to wear at Jing's party. Don't worry Mama, I'm gonna buy the fabric on my own money"

As they bid goodbye, Xiang Li started walking towards the market to look for cheap fabrics. Xiang Li spend her days making a presentable dress for Jing's party, and she almost arrived late. Good thing that the guards still let her in when she showed the card.

 Good thing that the guards still let her in when she showed the card