Chapter 16

"Shancai"

I heard someone called for me making me look up to a familiar figure. "Xiang Li?"

I called and looked up to the woman who was looking at me calmly. It's been so long since we last met.

It was lunch time so I led her to the dock for a while. "You never change Xiang Li. You are still beautiful as always."

I started with a smile so she showed me one too. "How did you know I was here?"

"Nothing." She gave a short answer as I awkwardly laughed and looked away. "Are you happy here?" She asked to make me look at her who was gazing at the sea as the wind flew on us.

"Of course! I am with my parents!"

"Even if it means leaving the world where your friends were included?" She asks as she turns to me with squint eyes. Maybe because of the sunlight. My smile fell from my face.

"Why did you go here, Xiang Li?"

"I want to ask"

She answered immediately. I look at her figure and she looks so pale that she looks like she will faint any minute. "Does the sea make you sick? Do you want-"

"No, I'm fine here. I won't take long anyways" she cut me off. "What happened between you and Daoming Feng?"

She asks like a real woman. I chuckled awkwardly making her sigh. "It's nothing you should worry about"

"Who was with you the time you met Daoming Feng."

She asked like she was already thinking of a list on who caused everything. What else is she thinking if it's only Daoming Feng.

"It was only Daoming Si's mom. What's wrong, Xiang Li?"

Her expressionless face turned to worry. "I feel like...someone is more involved. The moment I saw you as a maid on that manor. The Day after...Daoming Feng found out about you."

She stated as I assured her that she don't have anything between them but I stop when I remember the time I last fought with Daoming Feng.

"That doesn't sound hard, doesn't it?" I heard a male voice as I was walking down the halls with my things. "It wouldn't work if you didn't tell me to target her weakness. I was so busy with her that I never looked throughout about her personality" I heard her satisfied tone making my anger worse to control.

"I just apologized that I didn't get to convince Lei with Shancai, Kane. But your Fiance doesn't seem to be focusing with him anymore"

"Of course. Not when I'm around. But if I leave, I'm sure she will get in between what will happen on Shancai and your son. You better watch out"

"We both benefit here. I can say it's a good decision I made with you"

"Of course"

"She was talking to someone named Kane. He was the one who reminded her of  my weakness" I spoke without a thought and when I looked up, her wide eyes and parted lips like she couldn't believe.

No matter how much I tried to not get Kane involved...he was still moving all along?

Is my stay not enough to assure him?

Xiang Li...don't jump to conclusions.

I took a deep breath and nodded at her words. I feel like I got crushed. A heavy weight I was enduring finally made me collapse.

Before I accused Kane, I should probably talk to him about it. "Shancai"

I called for her who looked so worried, "Are you alright?"